The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How would you monetize general entertainment traffic?

Marius Enache

affiliate
Hi,

How would you monetize a website that has very general traffic (entertainment)?

I own a website that's getting most of its traffic from several social media channels.

The traffic is starting to grow and I think it has the potential of reaching a good amount of volume in the future if I continue making content for it.

The issue is that the traffic is very broad, therefore, it's hard to find an offer in a particular niche that most of the visitors would be interested in.

I'm currently still testing Google Adsense, but the earnings are pretty low (about $0.01/visitor).

It currently doesn't have the required traffic volume to apply to Mediavine or other more reputable display networks (and I'm not very sure they accept these type of "viral" sites anyway).

The audience mostly consists of visitors from T1 countries (about 90% from the US). The age groups also vary.

I thought about trying to promote sweepstakes, but I feel that the website would lose the visitors' trust by doing so.

Most of the competitors use Adsense as well, but I hoped there would be a more profitable way.

I know that only by testing many offers and verticals will help me decide what's more profitable, but I was hoping that some of you might have more experience in making money with general traffic and give me some ideas to start from.

The issue is that the traffic is very broad, therefore, it's hard to find an offer in a particular niche that most of the visitors would be interested in.
Sell the traffic to ad brokers/networks if you have enough to make it worthwhile, or;
What is your New Visit/Return Visit ratio?
What pages have the highest return ratio and why?
You need to look for clues to segment that audience into persona traits (somehow).

Yea the traffic its dificult because its not to a specific niche .Try maybe you can find some cpa offers like enternaintments ,surveys or celebrity polls

not having a specific niche can be good, because you don't have to focus on anything. If you have written content you can use guest blogs, your own to promote various offers. If it's more media-oriented you can have videos, you will have to filter the affiliate offers you find by how they fit this structure, and you will be able to post a lot of content with statistical probability to hit (What I mean is - big audience will include some percentage which is interested in nearly anything).

Hi,

How would you monetize a website that has very general traffic (entertainment)?

I own a website that's getting most of its traffic from several social media channels.

The traffic is starting to grow and I think it has the potential of reaching a good amount of volume in the future if I continue making content for it.

I'm currently still testing Google Adsense, but the earnings are pretty low (about $0.01/visitor).

It currently doesn't have the required traffic volume to apply to Mediavine or other more reputable display networks (and I'm not very sure they accept these type of "viral" sites anyway).

The audience mostly consists of visitors from T1 countries (about 90% from the US). The age groups also vary.

I thought about trying to promote sweepstakes, but I feel that the website would lose the visitors' trust by doing so.

Most of the competitors use Adsense as well, but I hoped there would be a more profitable way.

I know that only by testing many offers and verticals will help me decide what's more profitable, but I was hoping that some of you might have more experience in making money with general traffic and give me some ideas to start from.

What's your website?

What exactly your niche is?

Hey Nizar, sounds like browser extensions and PC tools might fit your broad traffic, ping me I'll try to help you out, skype: daniel.affilitest

Adsense and Pop traffic advertising are your best options. Entertainment traffic is really hard to convert because of the user intent so CPA or PPI ad networks are no good for your website I guess.

1. Use analytics tool to get model customer
2. Find what is trending now on social/Google
3. Promote topsellers

You can test to see what works

I am buying traffic network traffic from 'Entertainment' websites right now for a "restore your batteries offer" that so far has not worked out. But the logic seems OK to me --Video will kill your mobile or laptop batteries fast :p

banners
Back