The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Fail at PPC

pathrunner

affiliate
I've been reading articles on here giving some great advice on PPC when it comes to Affiliate Marketing. However, I see a ton of the same questions, and a ton of people who believe they are the exception to the rule.

In light of all of this, I felt I would take a different approach. Now, some of what you are going to read may seem extreme, some of it may seem ridiculous, but if you find yourself agreeing with some of these points, or they help you avoid or turn from these pitfalls, I'm happy I helped.

I'm going to do it in multiple posts Simply so I don't have a quote of one huge Novela if you have questions or feedback on a specific section.

---------- Post Merged at 05:25 PM ----------

If You Build It, They Will Come

Go look up WoW right now on Google and you will literally find 14 million sites. Look Up WoW forum. You will find nearly 300k of them. Now try to find a WoW forum with over 10k members in it. Congratulate yourself if you find more than the 4 I found.

So, 14 million sites, 300,000 of them trying to be active forums, and only 4 of them being actually active. So just at the base number, 297,996 people took time and money to make forums and they fail. Seriously, one of them I found had a total of 8 posts and 14 members with the last post being in 2009.

those people planned to fail right? They spent time, money, effort, management, accumulating their adsense ads, developing keywords, meta tags, and even creating a few false accounts for volume; all with the expectations that they would be ultimately wasting their time right?

Of course not? Nobody thinks they are the proof of the rule. People believe that if something is popular, surely they can get a part of it going. Just because you build a high end dog poop incinerator and sell it for $5,000.00 doesn't mean anyone is really going to want their back yard smelling like burning butt Alpo. (True story, I might share more on it later).

But hey, you're not like those other 300k people right? They aren't you, you are special.

Research is for Chumps

People often watch videos, look for low cost keywords, and find a low cost keyword search term, so they've won right?

What about the click through rates? What about the popularity? What about page rank, layout, or content? What about a call to action? What about relative one way backlinks? What are like demographics? What is the break even point?

But all that stuff is extra work and not worth it right? None of that stuff is important right? I mean, if you do enough sites, you'll eventually come out ahead right?

MI
Back