The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to check if a link's been indexed

v9designbuild

Does anyone know the command to find out if an inbound link has been indexed by Google? Going through hundreds of pages to search for it doesn't strike me as that smart if there's a short-cut. The reason I ask is that I need a quick way to prove sites submitted actually are being indexed and how fast. Any ideas?

Link page

When I type in the incoming page I still can't tell if it's showing in Google's list of links. The ones I have researched are not showing up for some reason.

Google does not give a complete or accurate listing of backlinks when you do a link:http.yoursiite.coms search.

Most people use Yahoo or a combination of them all.

I'm surprised nobody (above) mentioned Google Webmaster Tools.

In Google's Webmaster Toolbox, you can sign up for Google Alerts.

For example, one highly ranked site (PR 6), has do-follow in the blog comments. Google Alerts will notify me -- sometimes within 2 hours -- when a link has been crawled.

After a couple of weeks, those links will appear in the display of External Links at Google Webmaster Tools.

Okay, I've set it up. let's see what gives each day.

Be patient...there is sometimes a 30 day delay before you see the link crawled by GWT.

It depends on the site, and how often its crawled by Google.

For example: I was listed in a site (PR 3) on Feb 19.....but that site has not yet been Crawled by G. I notified the site's owner, he is fixing his site accordingly.

MI
Back