The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much traffic did you get at first?

DrMarie

affiliate
Just wondering how much traffic your niche sites got when you first started out?

My site has been up for a very short time (on Google about a week) and I am getting about 50 visitors a day. Is this good? I don't imagine I will make much of a profit until I increase that number. I am blog commenting, forum posting and article marketing to increase my traffic.

Thanks!

I think that's pretty good for a week in. The only thing is, have you excluded yourself from your stats? It can be pretty exciting to see that big five-oh number but what if 49 were you and 1 was your mother? :)

LOL..yes, I did exclude myself. I use a real time tracker called Woopra and it has the capability of excluding me. I have an alert set up so that I get a pop-up and a neat little alarm to tell me whenever someone is on my site. It's a lot of fun!

congra. on your success with traffic, great that you know how to market your website our there, other methods you can try are not limited to forums, social network, email, words of mouth...

LOL..yes, I did exclude myself. I use a real time tracker called Woopra and it has the capability of excluding me. I have an alert set up so that I get a pop-up and a neat little alarm to tell me whenever someone is on my site. It's a lot of fun!

could you digress a little about woopra..... it sound like a good tool to have in the box ;)

I love Woopra. You install a tracking code and download a desktop program. Then, it tracks visitors and you can create alerts to let you know when someone is online.

I have it set so that I get a popup alert whenever someone is on a page with a "/" on it...ie. everytime someone is on the site or changes pages. As it gets busier I will obviously have to change that!

It also gives real time analytics.

The basic version is free. You can use basic if you have <30,000 visitors per month. It only keeps your stats for 3 months. But the upgrades to the higher levels are not expensive.

You can find it at Woopra - Website Tracking, Statistics and Analytics

OK, so here's the next question. How many visitors do you get to your sites once they have been up for a few months and are turning a profit?

50 is very good. For me, I usually move to another niche or product when I get 200 visitors a day from my target keywords.

banners
Back