The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many titles / description do you use for directory submission

jitendraag

affiliate
Hi Folks:

I change my title description every 100/200 submissions. And I use 5 sets at one point of time.

I have seen directory submissions to be very effective when multiple titles and descriptions are used. Specially with google putting more and more efforts in finding duplicate content and using supplemental index I think it makes sense to use as many titles and descriptions as possible

What do you guys do?

the point is that the top directories only allow the site name as the title. EG "UK Webmaster World forum" submit an off title to a top directory and it will be rejected :(

For bulk submissions though you should vary title and description slightly.

the point is that the top directories only allow the site name as the title. EG "UK Webmaster World forum" submit an off title to a top directory and it will be rejected :(

For bulk submissions though you should vary title and description slightly.

Agreed OWG. But still you can change description of your site.

Free directories allow to use any title (not just site name).

DON.

Not all directories are top directories :)

Some directories even don't allow you to submit the title. They will fetch the title off your site.

Some believe that your site's URL should be the title and nothing else is accepted. I came across ciqy.com recently where they reject 80% of the submissions because of this error :)

But whenever I can, I use different titles :)

Directory submissions seem to have a pretty low value now, and most of those I've tried to submit to recently don't have the page listed in google anyway.

Again, yes, vary the title often.

Official name only

There are some directories who accept only official site name only.

But they are very few.

I also use different title and description when submitting my site to several directories. It's a good way of targeting more keywords of your site...

banners
Back