The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Many Hours Per Day Do You Work?

affmom

Just curious to see if others put in as many hours as I do, lol.

My typical work at home day is, i get the kids off to school in the morning then I do my affiliate marketing until 2 pm. Then when they go to bed at night I do a few more hours.
My husband says i am a workaholic but I wouldn't make as much as i do so he doesn't have to pay the bills, if i worked any less.

I think in order to make good money as an affiliate you need to put in alot of hours.

Anyone else?

My day is a lot like yours. I take my daughter to kindergarten in the morning, and come home and work til I pick her up at 3.

Then my wife comes home around the same time, and I get in a LITTLE work if I really need to, and then after my daughter goes to bed I'm back at the computer til 12 or 1.

I always joke that I work from 9am to 9pm, but I take a lot of breaks in between. I do 45 of yoga around ten, make lunch and eat with my husband from 2:30-4pm and three days a week I head to the gym between 5:30 and 7pm. I guess that means that some days I put in about 9.5 hours and other days about 8 hours. Not so bad! I feel like I am always working but I get to walk away from my desk often. The best thing about working from home!!!

Hours per week

I work minimum 8-10. I have finally learned to give myself permission to take a long lunch or run errands but I definitely make up the time. Plus, there is so much to learn, I do not see myself working "The 4-Hour Workweek" by Timothy Ferriss anytime soon.

I work true hole day but mostly half hour/hour and then i make pause and so on hole day. I knwo it's bad to do that way but what to do :)

It's different everyday but about 7 hours in regular basis.. Whatever it takes to get the job done you know. Working hard for those upcoming days off :)

well i think 10 - 14 hours, i work from home so all my day is just a big working day.....from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm i`m always busy

You all are lucky, I work from home, but also marketing my website is a full time job, but what is so hard is I have a 9 month old baby, and 3 year old daughter, so I have her tugging at my leg, and him in my hand all while trying to type, it's so challenging b/c I it's like trying to work with your kids litterly on your back, lol, I don't know I try. I wish I could afford daycare but I can't. For me there is not enough hours in the day, it's like I can take care of my kids, work to pay my bills, clean my house, work on the website, but then when can I find time to sleep? :eek:, but I'm hanging in there!

I usually work for 10+ hours each day. Somedays I'm like speed racer and get so much done and other days I'm really struggling, like today. I will be up late working. My wrists just get tired from typing.

I was in the sale industry for 20 years, and now I am embarking on Affiliate Marketing as a career. I have always worked between 10-and-14 hours a day to achieve success, so that is what I am doing now. Why mess with a system that has worked in the past? I usually work until 6 am, sleep until noon, and start back up around 2pm. I do have a baby--actually he is a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel that thinks he is a baby--that requires that I spend couple hours a day with him.

I work more than 10 hours a day. But of course still have to manage my time with my family. Should have at least an hr quality time to spend with them.

I am not a full-time marketer and have another job, and so I only get 1-2 hours in per day on my sites. Sometimes I just don't have the energy after work, so I will make up time on the weekends.

I hope the work pays off in the future!

I usually work 8-10 hrs per day, but run another company so have decided to spend 2 full days per week on my affiliate business. What I find helps is scheduling blocks of time for each day to work on certain areas of that business. So for example I would spend the first hour of the day going through my Google Reader and posting interesting articles to my FB/Twitter pages etc, then the next hour would be spent doing something else. But it's important I think to stick to your schedule & not get distracted by phone calls, emails as these could be scheduled during the middle and end part of your day.

Important though to be able to switch off completley from time to time as it helps me want to get back to it the next day, otherwise your in danger of burning out.

I guess the above could be started as another thread to discuss time management.
Pete

I have a half time job with 4 hours as well as freelance work + 4-5 hours, so my working day is 8-9 hours. Sometimes less if work at home becomes nursing as I have 2 kids.

MI
Back