The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Many Affiliates Are There?

BizMan

I was trying to find some information to explain to my friend what being an affiliate was and wanted to let him know a lot of people did it, but I realized I don't even know how many. I tried looking it up, but I can't find any concrete data. Its one of those things that now that I thought about it, I have to know. Obviously since many affiliates are part time and have other jobs, it could be a lot, I'm thinking like 20Million+.

Does that sound right?

I have no idea... I think you'd have to get the number of affiliates at one of the big networks like CJ and extrapolate from there. If I had to guess it would be more like 700,000 but I could be way off. Just a wild guess. And that would be "joined" affiliates, not active affiliates. Active affs would be much lower.

One fairly solid number you could quote although it's not too current is that Marketing Sherpa estimated affiliate commission payouts would reach $6.5 billion and that was back in 2006. Our industry is so fractured that there are seldom any numbers published.

I'm thinking it's even more than 20 million. Every web user is a potential affiliate if guided correctly!

So it's a number game, the more you can win over, the more money you can line up in your pocket!!! :)

MI
Back