The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How long takes DMOZ to accept a site?

On a side note has anyone tried applying to be an editor? From what I understand you can have a competitor (if your website is commercial) editing the category you want to put your website in and therefore never letting you in but I would hope there's guidelines and rules in place to prevent this from happening
I've applied before. Got turned down because my grammar was poor. To be fair my grammar is poor, but the category I applied for was in such a mess that I'd of cleaned it up nicely.

Got turned down because my grammar was poor. To be fair my grammar is poor

Lol, fair enough then.

I applied but got turned down because my descriptions were too 'promotional'. Thing is all of the sites in that particular category were commercial sites and all had promotional text. I reckon they have a 'always turn the first application down' rule to see if people will try again. Nothing that's easy is worth doing ;)

Don't be silly, we are glad to have new editors, but they have to show us that they can edit. Show us that they have an eye to see which sites fit where, have good grammar, and can both read and follow guidelines. No point in having someone who could clean up a category and put in wrong sites or badly described sites. Couple of tips to would be editors.
Choose a category with between 75-100 sites Including sub categories.
Be honest about ANY affiliations to other sites, that's one of the checks to make sure that we do not get people who want to list ONLY their own sites and not competitors. (New editors are watched)

It ccn take from a few days to a few years before a site gets accepted. That's because we are not a listing service and editors are only volunteers. They are not told where to work, when to work and if they have to use the suggestions or not, it is up to them. Also do not belive the myth that a named editor for a category will give you a quick list and no editor listed = no list. I can edit anywhere but my name is on a few categories that I have not edited in several months. Others have done, but not me.

If you suspect an editor is abusing their powers, please report them, there is a button on every page and every report will be investigated.
Also if you do find dead links, report that on the update button, that will bring an editor to that category and they might just look into the submissions at the same time.

banners
Back