monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you improve your alexa?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by OnTrial, Nov 6, 2014.

1. OnTrial

OnTrial Affiliate affiliate

Can anyone give me some advice apart from getting more traffic to improve my alexa score?

2. monetizer
  3. Effect

Effect Affiliate affiliate

First work on improving your site, the rest usually follows.

James Moore likes this.
  4. douglasobrien

douglasobrien Affiliate affiliate

When you get your site stumbled or dig and your blogs get shared in social networking sites by visitors, you get a maximum visitors to your website which have a positive impact on your Alexa ranking.

Katrina Lay likes this.
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

Does it do any good to have the Alexa toolbar? Think I read a long time ago that it did but I don't know if it's true or not.

6. Daniel Bernhardt

Daniel Bernhardt Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

To summarize your question in the best way:
    Alexa was a method to "rank" websites before Google started to make the world a better place, the way that it worked was that a user would download the Alexa toolbar and install it in his browser. Then every website that he would enter with the Alexa toolbar installed, would get a point...
    This is much like the "counter-bar" that was famous in the early 2000's, the one that would count how much visitors came to your website :)

For SEO Alexa is useless, mainly because it has almost no connection to Search Engines and wont help you with your SERP results.:ninja:

T J Tutor, Katrina Lay and K like this.
  7. superme

superme Affiliate affiliate

I think the guy wants to make fake Alexa and flip his site fast, alexa can be easily faked with 2-3 301 redirects mixed with some heavy paid botnet traffic for like $30-40 per month, you can make alexa of 300000 in like 2 months pretty easy

8. James Moore

James Moore Affiliate affiliate

How about trying to encourage your visitors to use Alexa toolbar? (by creating your custom toolbar)
    It is a very important task to do as it counts on traffic to your website.

9. Daniel Bernhardt

On the other hand what will he benefit from doing so... Alexa is pointless.

10. Alexhudson

Alexhudson Affiliate affiliate

Whenever your website design service site get maximum number of visitors it got indexed in search engines. You should focus on bringing targeted audience and traffic to your site. Best platforms are Facebook, twitter, pi-interest, linked-in and G+.

Katrina Lay likes this.
  11. azgold

Alexa may be useless - technically - however, people still check the Alexa rating on websites when looking for trust and popularity. So, in that regard, it still has a purpose.

Katrina Lay likes this.
  12. Daniel Bernhardt

When you say "people" you mean Developers and Online Marketers right? ;)

13. azgold

Yes, especially advertisers (us:)) but I think some 'regular' people may also use it before deciding whether or not it's safe to download something from a site. Maybe.

14. Alexhudson

Alexhudson Affiliate affiliate

Yeap To some extinct i meant to say that :ninja: :D

15. sahariaremon

sahariaremon Affiliate affiliate

There are many ways from getting more traffic to improve Alexa score.Now i am telling 5 ways to increase Alexa traffic score.

1.Write Content with great quality and unique information:
    It will help you to improve website traffic and another thing is Google loves quality Content. Good content always strikes high-ranking in SERP’s and will help you to increase the amount of traffic on your site.

2.Think outside of the Box: Write guest post. It’s also a great way to increase Alexa score.

3.Write Regularly more often: I think it is the backbone of this system to increase Alexa score. Write regularly for your blog and that will definitely help you to increase your Alexa score.

4. Put Alexa Rank Widget: Having a Alexa widget on your blog/website will help you to increase Alexa Ranking.
    5. Download Alexa Toolbar.
    I thing this 5 ways very helpful improve your Alexa score
    All the best
    sahariaremon

Katrina Lay likes this.
  16. cpaheaven

cpaheaven Affiliate affiliate

you can use jingling

17. azgold

I must look into the Alexa widget, thx for mentioning it.

Re the toolbar, is it correct that you have to have it 'open'? I usually hide the toolbar, just to have a little more browser room.

18. Webmaster.Xochitl

Webmaster.Xochitl Affiliate affiliate

Update your content regularly and search out more relevant sites to link to your site.

19. williamjohn

williamjohn Affiliate affiliate

Make the site visibility in the search angine to get visitors. If your site visitors are high, alexa rank can be improved.

20. Addiliate.com

Addiliate.com Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

The only way to increase your Alexa ranking is by getting more traffic to your site, be it organic or paid traffic

21. arush4491

arush4491 Affiliate affiliate

You need lots of repeat traffic to improve Alexa rankings so update your website on a regular basis.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI