The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you feel about the state of Internet marketing today?

Laura61

<b>5 Star Member</b>
affiliate
I miss the days when the web was clean, and when people saw the opportunity there for what it really was. Oh who am I kidding really? there have been scam artists and creeps from day one. But still? now they no longer seem like the minority and they?re actually harder to spot. The lines between have become so blurred.

This is from Lynn Terry's blog - a long post but worth reading. She expresses many of the same sentiments I have about the situation in this field nowadays. What do you think?

What's funny is there are a number of people who feel this same way after being in this field for awhile (myself included). In fact, I'm writing on this very subject now.

The good news is, over a long period of time the market will "correct" itself, not 100% but this "scummy" feeling will start to go away at some point IMO.

The biggest downturn for me is the falling dollar.. It's going to reach the bottom soon (again)

We can never determine who's the scam and who's who the real. The state of Internet marketing nowadays is getting tighter since a lot of people are doing this kind of business so everybody's a competition to anybody.

hi gurus, Im concerned about my future in "online marketing", I'm not so good in affiliate marketing and I think Im only average when it comes to SEO. Do you believe this job has a future or soon all SEO activities are automated?

hi gurus, Im concerned about my future in "online marketing", I'm not so good in affiliate marketing and I think Im only average when it comes to SEO. Do you believe this job has a future or soon all SEO activities are automated?

Let's say "all SEO is automated" (although I think that humans will be involved in one form or another for quite a long time before that is possible, AI anybody?).

But...for the sake of this, let's say it IS automated...I have a simple question for you to consider Dynamosh...

Was it the search engines who respond to your business in the first place?

Then...

Could you reach the people who do respond to your business in a different way?

The obvious answer is yes, but I want you to think about how that would be possible for you (meaning NO PPC, and no SEO, because those rely on search engines).

I really don't like the way the internet marketing industry is going either, and it's not just confined to the make money online niche either. For example in the forex niche there are so many systems and robots released that are just completely useless. The product creators don't care about the 40-50% refund rates. They just bank the profits and move on to the next product.

For example in the forex niche there are so many systems and robots released that are just completely useless. The product creators don't care about the 40-50% refund rates. They just bank the profits and move on to the next product.

The good news is JamesW, these "fly by night" business owners won't last...they might be selling something now...but that's "chasing money", and that never produces a lasting, sustainable business.

Plus, enough people will get angry in the [[ insert industry here ]] when you have a surge of people that operate this way, that over time the market will correct...and the "fly by nighters" will be left in the dust.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post you have Laura. Internet marketing at this time is really hard to deal in some ways. There are lot of scams and systems to cope with. I am considering this kind of marketing as a battle field that the ones who will last are those who remain loyal to technology.

Simply stated, it's tough.

Sure, you must be niche. However, there is a danger to being "niche". Sometimes it's hard to get the word out about your site if you are unique and sitting on an island. Creativity is key.

The issue with creativity is it takes a lot of trial and error when you are treading where others have not.

Good luck all! (and skill) :)

I have only been at this about a year but even with all of its problems Internet Marketing is here to stay. Telling people how to make money, how to lose weight, anything self-improvement will always sell. With experience we just have to weed out the "bad guys".

I agree that Internet marketing isn't like how it was a few years ago. It's much more competitive because of many more people doing it. But as others said, there still is some potential in the field because people will always need to buy products.

Internet Marketing has definitely grew more and more competitive nowadays, to the point where 1 year in the IM world is like 5+ years elsewhere. It has been so that if you choose to get involved into this world, you have to play for keeps, or not at all and possibly lose it all.

The IM world has produced more millionaires in the past 10 years than any industry. That alone has to put IM in the green for anyone!

As for me I feel good with IM today, it helpes me to make my own money, it develops day by day, we are in the process of finding new ways to work with Google and other SE, this business area is young enough and I like it.

oh, I soooo agree. Spam and blackhat marketing techniques make me crazy! I know there is no way to create an internet without them, but it is a nice dream...isn't it? Those of us that participate in this forum are all internet marketers, and our work is made more difficult by these robots, but it does keep the field competitive and weeds out those that don't have the staying power. Even with all the spammers, I love that there is a creative job that I can do from any beach in the world (with WiFi that is) :D

I think Internet marketing still has many, many opportunities, it's just a matter of trying to stay ahead of the curve instead of following the pack. I think the most opportunities are going to be for those who can use successful internet marketing tactics on a global scale. A lot of countries in the same level of development are becoming Internet savvy because of higher Internet penetration rates and greater access to high-speed Internet.

Another good thing about today's IM state today is that quality is a must. In previous years, it was possible to put up a very spammy, sloppy-looking website, throw up a sales letter and pitch an ebook that was also pitched by 1000s of other affiliates. Now, you have to offer value, distinctness and a sense of authority. Because if you don't, you'll get swallowed up by the masses. This is good, and for many IMers, tends to motivate them to offer creative/unique content and resources that weren't practical a few years ago. I for one am excited to see where Internet marketing goes from here.

Tell me about it! I am an American living in Europe...making American Dollars but paying for everything in Euros :(

-20% VAT
-25% Exchange Rate to Euro

I used to offer services, but had to stop. I couldn't keep getting people to page 1 in 90 days for 5-6 euro per hour.

I have to admit also, I haven't bought any of these scam products since about 2007 when I bought, The Rich Jerk. It was so bad, I now research everything before I buy it, and if it's not THE best tool, I don't buy it. If it's not a product to help me with what I'm doing now... I don't buy it.

I don't get taken any more with scammy products, though I'm guessing there's a lot of them out there, because I see people complaining about it a lot.

I've decided to get into the IM niche recently, and my entire goal is simple to provide quality content without the BS fluff and filler. If it's not a fact or a golden nugget... there's no reason to share it.

banners
Back