The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do YOU determine if a site will be a "high quality link"?

pandaa

affiliate
Sorry if the title is a bit confusing, I couldn't quite find the words I was looking for. :p The question I'd like to discuss is, how do you choose the sites that you want to leave a backlink on? What makes you believe that the site won't be considered "low quality" and will actually help your search engine positioning?

I check the PR before anything else, it's not the best but it is something to go by. Then I check the activity of the site itself. If it has little to no activity in the comments section I usually don't post my links. I would also not use anything that shows up on link exchange sites since they normally are considered low quality.

The better the traffic source the better points you get. So getting the inbound link from high PR site will definitely help your page to rank higher.
You can download 'SEO Analysis 1.9' addons from mozilla which displays Google Page Rank, Alexa Rank automatically as soon as any page gets open. This tool will help you in posting / creating quality backlinks easily.

Not really that difficult. Just analyze the domain/page you'll be getting the link from. Obviously there are dozen of different tools out there to do this..But, be prepared to put in a little leg work :)

Honestly, I don't put too much thought or analysis into this part. It's pretty obvious when a site is super low quality/spammy and I wouldn't want my links there. While my linkbuilding otherwise may not always be super high-quality, I think this helps balance out things to look natural overall regardless, so I'm okay with it. After all, if my links only ever showed up on the top sites, doesn't that look a little suspicious to Google, too?

I look around at the content and audience (if I can get a glimpse as on forums). Then comes the Page Rank (though it doesnt always matter to me)

I try to choose first the site which has related niche as mine, and the quality of content, then the Rank in Alexa.com. Of course, there are other sites in which you can check the rank of a site other than Alexa.

There are many factors work to check the site is good for creating the backlink or not. These aspects comprise relevancy, page rank, page authority, domain authority, Geo relevancy, category and like these.

May be you prefer, high domain authority, page rank check, and then put your URL, whatever submission. Many things are available for high quality link (Back link), But one thing do always if you submit link so check category also same category.

To identify whether a "link" from a site would be of high quality or not, is first of all make sure the site is relevant to your niche.

If its not, regardless of how much PR the site has if it has no relevancy to your site, the link will be of little value.

Secondly, check the page rank there's many tools and methods available to do this.

Also check the trust and citation metrics of the site, again there's many tools available to do this. Majestic SEO is a reliable tool to check the trust and citation flow.

There are a number of tools you can use to determine the quality of a page which should in turn give you a good link. If you search in google apps or firefox apps for page rank tools you should find what you need. I would advise looking for domain authority, page rank and page authority. Also, make sure your anchor text is aimed at the keyword/s you want.

There are number of ways & tools to determine whether a link is of high quality or not. First is manual domain checking & page rank checking. Second way is through tools which would help determine outbound links on the website help in knowing the high quality links.

There are several ways to determine whether your site will be a high quality link.

I have made a blog about this on my website. You can check it at YourTrafficHits.com. My site also talks about online marketing strategies and targeted traffic for business promotion.

Regards,
Aaron Harris
CMO, YTH

I would recommend you some ways:
1. Check PR of the website.
2. Check the targeted location from where traffic is coming for that website, with the help of Alexa.

MI
Back