The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I know if a niche is good to make money?

Kenayu

affiliate
Hi, I am just beginning in internet marketing. From what I have read so far, the first step is to choose a market niche and the correct keywords.
I have some niche ideas now, but are there any techniques that will give me a hint if the niche can be monetized?. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2 good ways to check are: check google's keyword tool and find out if there is a high cost per click for keywords related to your niche , if so this is probably a highly monetized niche. Also, if you do a google search for your niche keyword/s in quotes (""), see if their are a bunch of adwords ads that appear on the right hand side of your search results. If there are, that is another good clue that this is a niche can be monetized (you then want to check on # of searches and competition.)

Thanks

Excellent tips contentcreator, I am going to try them out. I know success will only come with experience, so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am just beginning in internet marketing. From what I have read so far, the first step is to choose a market niche and the correct keywords.
I have some niche ideas now, but are there any techniques that will give me a hint if the niche can be monetized?. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Actually, that's the last step.

Anyway, in order to KNOW if a niche is going to be profitable, you simply have to look and see if others are making money in that market. How do you do that I hear you ask?

Advertising. Simply, if others are advertising, they are making money. If there is no one advertising you need to ask yourself WHY they are not advertising.

Advertising comes in many shapes and forms. As someone stated, check the adwords ads. You can also check magazines in the real world or on magazines.com.

Check out niche related websites and look for "Advertise With Us" links and check if anyone is advertising.

Simply, no advertising going on means that no one is making serious money.

All good advice, but my best tip is:

Make sure you enjoy what you're creating content about.

If you aren't interested in it, you'll burn out and your writing will lack passion. People can smell excitement a mile away...as well as a lack of passion.

Never follow the money. Follow your passion and the money will happen.

Content > Traffic > PREsell > Monetize

Keep it always in that order and you won't go wrong. ;)

My advice would be, just do not take too competitive niche, because then the beginning will be pretty hard. Yes, of course, we all want to earn money on the Internet and as sooner as better. Simply if you will choose the niche where really is money, but you cannot fight the competition, you will not gain what you expected and even can decide to quit it all.

I am probably talking from my own mistakes, simply if you will take something not so profitable already for the first glance, you might see results much faster. I am trying to reach something for some while and all the time I understand that I have to do things different over and over.

Also when thinking about choosing niche, think about your interests, because it will be much easier to see results if you will be interested in the niche!

I agree with ComputerGirl and Oregon Coast Guy. "Never follow the money. Follow your passion and the money will happen.", and may be from a way that you don't expect...

Since 2 year, I modify my application to sell worldwide over internet, test, correct, test again and I just reach the moment that I can sell it worldwide over internet... and due to big economic change in the country where I live (Greece), I found resellers 'next door' and I am starting to sell it back in Greece....

Do what ever you like, try to reach the perfection, be open mind and don't let nothing to stop you and what you except will finally happens. That's a law of the universe ;).

All good advice, but my best tip is:

Make sure you enjoy what you're creating content about.

If you aren't interested in it, you'll burn out and your writing will lack passion. People can smell excitement a mile away...as well as a lack of passion.

Never follow the money. Follow your passion and the money will happen.

Content > Traffic > PREsell > Monetize

Keep it always in that order and you won't go wrong. ;)

I agree with that somewhat and it's great advice for newcomer.

However, once you have cracked this business you CAN follow the money because you know exactly what it takes to make it.

But until you get to that stage, following something you are passionate about can make it so much easier to deal with the many rough days you will encouter starting out.

Thanks for all the support

Wow this is an excellent forum. Thanks a lot for all the good advice and inspiration. There are some days in which I wonder if making a living from internet marketing is possible, but now I know that there are real people doing it, so that inspires me because I know that eventually I will reach my goal if I put enough effort, and I keep learning and practicing. Thanks to everyone!

Wow this is an excellent forum. Thanks a lot for all the good advice and inspiration. There are some days in which I wonder if making a living from internet marketing is possible, but now I know that there are real people doing it, so that inspires me because I know that eventually I will reach my goal if I put enough effort, and I keep learning and practicing. Thanks to everyone!

You will definitely make some money online. All you have to do is stick with it. You have come to the right place.

All the help you could ever need along with the advice of some people who have been doing it for some time. You can't go wrong in a place like this.

my advice is not to chose the market with many competitors, try to find something on which the demand is higher than supply, this will help you to occupy a niche market faster.

Hello Kenayu,

Bad : "eventually I will reach my goal if "
Good : "It is absolutely, definitely unacceptable if I don't reach my goal".

Yvesfra, great advice thanks!. I must free my mind from any doubt. I will keep moving forward, I am reaching my destination!

There really is no magic formula,you just have to test different methods and from there you will be able to figure which method works well.

Actually you want to start by typing in a competitive niche broad keyword into google's keyword tool and find a longtailed keyword from the results that fit a certain criteria and you would be in a micro niche, "A niche within a niche", then type that long tailed keyword and find your LSI keywords "Category keywords".

As some people already said, you gotta love your niche. Otherwise, what you write about will not be good and people will be turned off by what they read.

2 good ways to check are: check google's keyword tool and find out if there is a high cost per click for keywords related to your niche , if so this is probably a highly monetized niche. Also, if you do a google search for your niche keyword/s in quotes (""), see if their are a bunch of adwords ads that appear on the right hand side of your search results. If there are, that is another good clue that this is a niche can be monetized (you then want to check on # of searches and competition.)

Except just to note, if you are intending to use adsense for revenue then check the quality and quantity of adverts that apply on webpages and blogs - they are not normally as good as those that appear on Google search results.

It all depends on your main goal. If you are simply here to make money, then by all means go for commercially profitable niches.

How do you find them? - Go to clickbank and try to look for products with the highest gravity, it is not the most efficient way to gauge profitability, but definately a good indicator.

Another sources to check for profitable niches are amazon best sellers, dummies books, adword bids, etc....

For a particular keyword, download marketsamurai and they will provide you with excellent resources and videos to guide you to hunt down moneymaking keywords.

With all that being said, if you are here for the long run, then I will strongly advise you to follow your heart, your passion and then aim for the money. You see IM can get really tough and boring! - trust me on this. If the subject matter that you are promoting is something that you are not really interested in, it will burn you out and will be more of a chore to you. You need to find a niche that you love, breathe and dream about it, which will make your long days fun and more productive.

I hope this would be of some help.

Cheers,
Ryzon

MI
Back