The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hit Huge Road Block In my IM Journey - BING

So glad to hear that the link is working for your intended audience! I typically use a proxy to check links.

I am surprised that you haven't received a better level of support from Bing! I found them really good when I had to contact them. Huh! Guess it depends on which rep you get.

Can you tell me more about proxies? I've looked into them briefly when I was going to do mobile....but didn't really understand how they worked.

I know....I'm quite shocked also. I've found the coaches to be much more helpful opposed to the customer advisors imo.

Can you tell me more about proxies? I've looked into them briefly when I was going to do mobile....but didn't really understand how they worked.

They make it look like you're in a different country. :) That's basically it. So, if you use a U.S. proxy to test your offer link, you'll be able to see it because it will appear as though you are using a computer in the States.

I simply do a search for a free U.S. proxy that I can just copy/paste my link in to make sure it works. Easy, peazy, really. Nothing to download and fast.

So I'm still having major issues with my Bing account :(

The issue seems to be with my affiliate links...but now they're coming at me with some BS about landing page compliance.

The bizarre thing is, the Bing Coaches seem to think my landing page is fine, but the CTA links are the issue. However the Customer Agents and Editorial team have issues with my landing page and CTA links etc.

I'm promoting offers in the usa, so when I set up my campaigns etc and test the links, they redirect to a UK offer...I live in the Uk.

However, when I use a proxy or vpn to check my links for the US, everything works perfect.

But for some reason, the links don't seem to be working at the Bing end.

Can anyone tell me how I can try and resolve this?

I've nearly ready to start promoting on Adwords instead, but would rather try and solve the problem, incase it is infact something I'm doing wrong.

I'm promoting offers in the usa, so when I set up my campaigns etc and test the links, they redirect to a UK offer...I live in the Uk.

That's normal and correct.

However, when I use a proxy or vpn to check my links for the US, everything works perfect.

Yup.

But for some reason, the links don't seem to be working at the Bing end.

What do you mean, exactly? Are they getting a blank page or something?

Since the beginning of Google's animal algo changes, landing pages need to have a method of contact, a privacy policy and TOS. Extra bonus points for a disclaimer. In fact, they may demand it, I'm not sure.

That stuff is all standard issue on my landers, I always include links to those pages on my domain.

Re optins, providing information that lets a subscriber know what they are getting and that they can unsubscribe anytime is pretty much required these days. If you're collecting Canadian addresses, you also have to tell them how often you'll send them mail.

I've been told so many different thing by different people at Bing I dunno who to believe lol.

The coach said in his opinion everything was ok...just that when he click on the CTA button on the lander he could t get the offer link to open.

The reps initially said my display url was the issue, then the destination url...I triple checked everything and now apparently my lander isnt compliant.

Ps - all my landers always include the above...tos, disclaimer and privacy policy :)

Hmmm re the link not opening. Think I'll do some checking to see if I can find out more about that, will get back here when I have something to say on the subject.

I am suspecting that there is something that you did before. One thing you need to know that the browsers that we use do cache details of our history. You may have broken some laws and regulations that govern the network in operation. The bing person may have blacklisted your IP address and the reason as to why they are disapproving your applications. Kindly consider using VPNs or any other software to change the IP and try it again. You will then be able to know where the problem emerged from and seek the solution out.

banners
Back