The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi from Oregon

Ray Rippey

Hi,

My name is Ray Rippey. I'm a computer programmer in Oregon. I've been writing and selling software for a living for 25 years. Actually, I've been writing software for 25 years... it took me about 7 years until I made a decent living at it.

I have been studying affiliate marketing for the last several months. I've implemented it on some of my web sites... I've probably made a whopping 15 or 20 bucks.

So, I decided, because I can build a product, to build and try to sell it using affiliates... so this is my first venture into real affiliate marketing/publishing.

Looking forward to meeting new people online in this arena. I've been hanging out in the programming newsgroups far too long :rolleyes:

This looks like a really nice forum.

Welcome to 5 Star, Ray.

I have a feeling you will like it much better here than in those programming newsgroups.

After you spend some time here reading and asking questions you should be able to increase your affiliate income.

This is a very friendly community. We will try to be as helpful to you as possible.

That's interesting that you bring that up... I wrote the program before I discovered AffTrack out on the internet. I renamed mine to Aff-Track. Their software is internet software and mine is desktop... as far as copyright infringment they are 2 different programs... so no worries there.. only problem might be the name. I suppose if I were going to rename it... I should probably do it soon.

Actually, their company name is AffTrack.. not their product... but the more I think about it... the more I think it could cause a hassle...

Any suggestions? It would be a fun contest. It really wouldn't be a super big deal to change the name of the program.

Thanks for this suggestion.

I'm definitely not a lawyer, but I've heard the issue is whether it could potentially
confuse the consumer or a buyer. Since they are both affiliate products and
both have the words aff + track I would assume it could be argued that it
could cause confusion. They are an older well established company too,
so if I were you I would change it. But I tend to err on the side of caution.

Have you considered just using your site name - LookAtMyAffiliates?

Lookatmyaffiliates

Well, the name does describe the product... it may read kinda funny in the help files... and it's a bunch of work... but better to change it now before it gets started than after I sell a couple thousand of them... and get all the publicity...

I really don't want people confusing them with me either....

So, now is the time. Back to the drawing board... :eek:

I'll have to think about lookatmyaffiliates for a program name.... marketing wise it may be perfect.

Thanks for the great tip!

banners
Back