The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hey everyone

Hastahoffa

affiliate
I discovered this forum today and I must say that I'm overwhelmed by the activity! Great to see!

I started my first affiliate site when I was 14 yo (8 years ago), but I never experienced any success. I made a new attempt a few years later, but I made the mistake to target a far too competitive keyword (>100 000 monthly searches) to rank for in the SERP. Must I add that I did not succeed?

However, I learned my lesson and did some more research and launched an eCommerce site earlier this year by targeting a smaller market with a niche product. I currently hold the #1 spot in the SERP for my preferred keywords which is great, but the market is so small that I see a limited upside.

So... that's why I turned to AM again to give it a third attempt :) Wish me best of luck!

If I may, I have one question for you guys:
What do you think about creating a site with a lot of content (reviews, guides, blog posts etc.) on a specific topic - say coffee - and add a few affiliate links here and there? The goal would be to educate my audience rather than sell them a new espresso machine. Or well, that's what I want them to think...

I don't see many people promoting this strategy on this forum (browsed the forum for a few hours earlier today), so that's why I'm asking. Most people seem to go for building landing pages with CPA offers. Is that what you recommend me to do or find most viable for 2016/2017?

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Hi, @Hastahoffa and welcome to AffiliateFix!

I started my first affiliate site when I was 14 yo (8 years ago), but I never experienced any success. I made a new attempt a few years later, but I made the mistake to target a far too competitive keyword (>100 000 monthly searches) to rank for in the SERP. Must I add that I did not succeed?

Fantastic that you started so young! Recognize the learning and experience you gained, rather than focusing on the money you didn't make. You shortened your learning curve for your current undertakings.

I currently hold the #1 spot in the SERP for my preferred keywords which is great, but the market is so small that I see a limited upside.

That's why some marketers have hundreds of sites. :)

Wish me best of luck!

We do! In fact, we'll do one better than that and offer our help and support.

I don't see many people promoting this strategy on this forum

A lot of people do that. It's one way to become an authority site.

Maybe some helpful info here:

Niche Screening Process
How to increase my website Domain Authority?
7 Ways to obtain Traffic to Your Blog site

There is much more information. Use the magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page to search for topics of interest.

And whenever you have a question, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums! :)

Hi, @Hastahoffa and welcome to AffiliateFix!

Fantastic that you started so young! Recognize the learning and experience you gained, rather than focusing on the money you didn't make. You shortened your learning curve for your current undertakings.

That's why some marketers have hundreds of sites. :)

We do! In fact, we'll do one better than that and offer our help and support.

A lot of people do that. It's one way to become an authority site.

Maybe some helpful info here:

Niche Screening Process
How to increase my website Domain Authority?
7 Ways to obtain Traffic to Your Blog site

There is much more information. Use the magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page to search for topics of interest.

And whenever you have a question, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums! :)

Thanks for the warm Welcome @azgold !

I think I'll start building a authority site once I've found an attractive niche with low/medium competition. After that, while waiting for it to rank on Google, I'll focus my time and energy on other AM projects.

Welcome to the forums Hastahoffa! Interesting name haha :) Also, since you've been in the game for a while now, it means you're not a complete newbie and you probably have a few tips and tricks up your sleeve that you can share with others on this forum :) Coming from an adult based network I can say that finding a niche is better than hitting a broader target, but it might be different in mainstream. Also look into utilizing tail end SEO and thinking bout advertising with mobile more. Good luck to you!

I discovered this forum today and I must say that I'm overwhelmed by the activity! Great to see!

Welcome to AffiliateFix @Hastahoffa ! We're happy you discovered us.

However, I learned my lesson and did some more research and launched an eCommerce site earlier this year by targeting a smaller market with a niche product. I currently hold the #1 spot in the SERP for my preferred keywords which is great, but the market is so small that I see a limited upside.

So... that's why I turned to AM again to give it a third attempt :) Wish me best of luck!

You've paid your dues, we all have had these types of struggles. Keep going, never give up. Everyone here will help you.

If I may, I have one question for you guys:
What do you think about creating a site with a lot of content (reviews, guides, blog posts etc.) on a specific topic - say coffee - and add a few affiliate links here and there? The goal would be to educate my audience rather than sell them a new espresso machine. Or well, that's what I want them to think...

I don't see many people promoting this strategy on this forum (browsed the forum for a few hours earlier today), so that's why I'm asking. Most people seem to go for building landing pages with CPA offers. Is that what you recommend me to do or find most viable for 2016/2017?

Thanks in advance and cheers!

What you talking about are content sites. It's a longer road than typical CPA and such. I think if you want to develop a quicker understanding with quicker results, maybe think about mobile gaming, lead gen, surveys, and such.

Given that this is an introductions thread, where we get to welcome and greet new members, you will be better served asking your questions in some of the sub forums related to your questions. you will get more responses that way.

We have loads of great contributors posting actionable information every day.

I'm sure you will find we are a friendly and engaging group of marketers and easy to forge relationships with.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here.

See you around the forums.

T J

MI
Back