The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help Finding Affiliate Niche

You said you are interested in electronics/travel/languages right? What about some of these niches:

Vacations
Printers (ink)
Cell Phones
Computer Security
Computer Memory
Laptops
Language Software
Game controllers

I think you'd need to break them down further, but my affiliate source contains merchants for those categories.

In my opinion while thinking about a niche you need to think if anyone will buy it.

For instance:
history of internet - interesting subject, but more informative than money making.
history of computer - unless you think people will purchase computers or parts by reading the history of computers, I would stay away. Not an expert, but I don't think people searching for this would be looking for parts like memory, and software (if people don't know much about computers, they wouldn't be building a computer).
history of money good - again what would you sell?

Ayways hope that helps. I had a tough time with this step as well. Sometimes you just have to think of a specific target group. For instance if you wanted to sell apparel or sports equipment. Maybe consider kids apparel or equipment, or sports equipment for the disabled.

Good luck!

You have written niches such as :

Vacations
Printers (ink)
Cell Phones
Computer Security
Computer Memory
Laptops
Language Software
Game controllers

I can sell items in here, but these niches don't have sufficient things to blog about , what do you think?

When you say sell things, do you sell on your blog/website?

How did you select your first niche?

You said you are interested in electronics/travel/languages right? What about some of these niches:

Vacations
Printers (ink)
Cell Phones
Computer Security
Computer Memory
Laptops
Language Software
Game controllers

I think you'd need to break them down further, but

Yes those aren't really niches, they are product categories.

Well I have just decided to go within the area of understanding pyschology of human such as blogging about understanding human mind, as in how it works and how people use their subconscious mind because although there is very little I know but am really eager to learn and interesting as well. Also there are products in this area.

However I need help because I am not sure what exact topic should be choosen which is not too competitive for me as a beginner. Some help will be appreciated. I mean what niche & micro-niche should be choosen?

Ya you are right, was just trying to help. I think if he understands the type of products that are able to promote he could better formulate a niche around them.

Oh ok , thanks for that Adammo. But can you help on the topic that I mentioned in my previous because that is a topic that interests me as well and these days have been doing bit of a reading on it as well.

Oh ok , thanks for that Adammo. But can you help on the topic that I mentioned in my previous because that is a topic that interests me as well and these days have been doing bit of a reading on it as well.

About psychology? I'm not sure I know of any products that readers would buy when reading a blog about psychology. Have you tried a tool called Market Samurai? It may help you find a niche and even includes a moey making module to tell you if programs exist in your niche. Might be worth it to download the trial for 40 days.

Ultimately, I think this whole thing is about finding ways to satisfy what a user is looking for and at the same time earning some money for yourself. You could certainly start a psychology blog, but I would think you'd need to keep diving into smaller and smaller keywords that would interest your readers and be noticed by Google. You also need to make sure that those keywords could lead to sales (unless you don't want to make money). I'm not a psychology expert, but I don't believe there is money to be made promoting products.

Hope that helps.

About psychology? I'm not sure I know of any products that readers would buy when reading a blog about psychology. Have you tried a tool called Market Samurai? It may help you find a niche and even includes a moey making module to tell you if programs exist in your niche. Might be worth it to download the trial for 40 days.

Ultimately, I think this whole thing is about finding ways to satisfy what a user is looking for and at the same time earning some money for yourself. You could certainly start a psychology blog, but I would think you'd need to keep diving into smaller and smaller keywords that would interest your readers and be noticed by Google. You also need to make sure that those keywords could lead to sales (unless you don't want to make money). I'm not a psychology expert, but I don't believe there is money to be made promoting products.

Hope that helps.

well I went to clickbank and under 'Health & Fitness' category typed Anger and there were products for anger management and this can also teach me and help me control my anger . Also typed in mind power and came up with products.Throughout the whole thread I have only been asking if this topic is right or that topic is right and haven't got a yes response.

But I want to know are these topics too competitive to jump in for a beginner , if so then what micro-niche is better to go for? Please help me out

But I want to know are these topics too competitive to jump in for a beginner , if so then what micro-niche is better to go for? Please help me out

richkid I've been trying really hard not to keep feeding you fish and have tried several times to teach you to fish yourself so you can learn to do this and learn from the experience. You can't just keep coming back expecting others, especially other newbies to tell you the right niche.

Have you done the keyword research on this possible niche the way I've shown you to do on several other niches you've considered?

Take the root keywords like psychology, self help, anger and any others you think of and go through the examples I've shown you before. Drill down to find longer tail phrases. Then the ones that you think sound interesting - research the competition in Google.

Here's the thread again that explains how to do it. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...forum/19326-help-finding-niche.html#post60768

richkid I've been trying really hard not to keep feeding you fish and have tried several times to teach you to fish yourself so you can learn to do this and learn from the experience. You can't just keep coming back expecting others, especially other newbies to tell you the right niche.

Have you done the keyword research on this possible niche the way I've shown you to do on several other niches you've considered?

Take the root keywords like psychology, self help, anger and any others you think of and go through the examples I've shown you before. Drill down to find longer tail phrases. Then the ones that you think sound interesting - research the competition in Google.

Here's the thread again that explains how to do it. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...forum/19326-help-finding-niche.html#post60768

I did some keyword & competition research on the niche "Anger" and came up with results below

Keywords & searches

Anger management : 504 (in keyword tool) & 736,000 in google with " "
Anger Management techniques : 142(keyword tool) & 51,400 in google
Controlling Anger : 32 & 59,100
Dealing with anger : 25 & 102,000
Anger Management Tips : 66 & 22,000

What do you think about this Linda , is it ok to go ahead and write?
and also there are few ebooks regarding anger management on clickbank

I did some keyword & competition research on the niche "Anger" and came up with results below

Keywords & searches

Anger management : 504 (in keyword tool) & 736,000 in google with " "
Anger Management techniques : 142(keyword tool) & 51,400 in google
Controlling Anger : 32 & 59,100
Dealing with anger : 25 & 102,000
Anger Management Tips : 66 & 22,000

What do you think about this Linda , is it ok to go ahead and write?
and also there are few ebooks regarding anger management on clickbank

One other thing I want to ask, why do everyone worry about if the niche has a product and then decide to go with it. I mean can you not still blog about it and earn from adsense?

MI
Back