The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Help Finding Affiliate Niche

richkid

affiliate
Hey Linda , I don't really have passion as such but for my blogger/website I am planning on writing about particular aspect of India since being an Indian by nationality. Just like everyone I love my country and am passionate when comes to talking or education people about it. Would you recommend me to go ahead with this?

The most popular sport being played in india is cricket however there is a problem and that is countries like USA, European countries , many of asian countries dont even play that much, so I am not sure if I should write on that aspect of India. Would you please help me out, thanks.

Hi richkid,

Try following through on the keyword research examples below, using some of the keywords you are interested in.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...forum/19326-help-finding-niche.html#post60768

Start by researching just the word India. (I did a brief search and didn't find anything that looked like a good market to me but I only did a quick scan.)

Then look at India Cricket or Cricket India, hardly any searches yet lots of competition.

In either market even if the numbers did work, you need to think about how you would monetize the site. What type of products would you even sell to either of these markets and would they be profitable affiliate markets.

So that's some of the research you need to do. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Hey Linda, even I have done research and found heaps of competition and search results. But then I am not really sure as to which topic to write on because you experienced fellows says that newbies should start with something they are passionate about.

Other thing you mentioned was regarding products, even I know that nothing much to really sell when it will come to writing about that topic. I am not sure what to choose

I'm not sure about what products exist for cricket (or if there are affiliate marketing opportunities), but what about the keyword "cricket rules". I think it fits quite a few parameters.

As for the blog about India:
The way I would think of it is:
- Who would be visiting my site - American visitors looking for information?
- If they visited my site what can I promote to them and convince them they need.

I would think a blog with information on your country would be informative, but I can't think of what people would buy as most would just want to digest the information. You can advertise Ads I believe as well and do some PPC, but i'm not sure you'd have any items you could sell.

I could be wrong - still new here as well :)

Hey Linda, even I have done research and found heaps of competition and search results.

If you have found heaps of competition and search results then that tells you it's NOT a niche to pursue. That's also what I found when I checked out those niches for you, but I wanted you to do it for yourself so you would learn how.

Does not have to be a topic you are passionate about, but one you are interested in, know about or are interested in learning about.

Have you gone through the exercise in the link in post #1 yet? You need to!
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...g/5558-how-pick-your-1st-niche.html#post15325

Just a thought, but what about a more narrow niche such as a particular cricket team - you could sell team jerseys, etc.

Similar to what Adammo said, are you targeting US/North American visitors, or Indian visitors?

If you're targeting North Americans, I think that information for tourists, or potential tourists might be useful, like info on good hotels, good regions to visit, tickets to sporting events and entertainment, etc. You could work with strong travel affiliate programs for those regions.

Cheers,

Similar to what Adammo said, are you targeting US/North American visitors, or Indian visitors?

If you're targeting North Americans, I think that information for tourists, or potential tourists might be useful, like info on good hotels, good regions to visit, tickets to sporting events and entertainment, etc. You could work with strong travel affiliate programs for those regions.

Cheers,

Just wondering when it comes to choosing a niche, where to get your ideas from. I mean do you visit some sites or something? If so, could you please share.

Yup, that guide will help you the best of all.

Basically what I did was take my main keyword, input it into the GTrends tool, and find lowered numbered niches.

I then took those niches and looked around to determine if any affiliates existed. I believe the entering affiliate: <niche name> into Google is the right command.

It's pretty much a try and see approach.

Yup, that guide will help you the best of all.

Basically what I did was take my main keyword, input it into the GTrends tool, and find lowered numbered niches.

I then took those niches and looked around to determine if any affiliates existed. I believe the entering affiliate: <niche name> into Google is the right command.

It's pretty much a try and see approach.

Would it be ok for me to pick a niche that I have very little to no idea but wants to learn about it? The link that has been given to me ""How to find 1st niche" says list down your passions , now I dont really have a passion as such then what should I do?

I then took those niches and looked around to determine if any affiliates existed. I believe the entering affiliate: "niche name" into Google is the right command.

I recommend searching via niche or root keyword + "affiliate program"

example: hockey "affiliate program"

Would it be ok for me to pick a niche that I have very little to no idea but wants to learn about it? The link that has been given to me "How to find 1st niche" says list down your passions, now I dont really have a passion as such then what should I do?

If you really can't think of anything you are passionate about then yes something you'd like to learn about could work. You can try anything you like of course, I just suggest what I think is easiest for people just starting out and generating content for something you have no interest at all in, is harder than you might think. But if you are VERY interested in the topic and willing to learn it could be an option.

You still need to do the keyword and competitive research, evaluate whether the niche can be monetized and see if there are any good affiliate programs.

Would it be ok for me to pick a niche that I have very little to no idea but wants to learn about it? The link that has been given to me ""How to find 1st niche" says list down your passions , now I dont really have a passion as such then what should I do?

You certainly could try something you don't know that well but do you think you'd be effective starting out? The end goal is for people to buy products that you promote. I would say most times when I buy items online that I know what I'm getting into. If I found a website that did not convince me or didn't sound like the person knew what they were talking about, I probably would not buy the item.

I'm still new as well, but starting off with something I knew well has helped me learn all of the up and downs of affiliate marketing. If I was promoting something I did not enjoy, I may not have put as much effort into it.

That's just me though! Good luck!

According to the instruction given in the link that minstrel has uploaded here, I made 2 lists - one that has my passions and other has the things I can do well. I merged them and this is what I got..

Learning Cultures & Languages
Travelling Places
Pool
Maths
Learning Computer Programs

I dont see anything to write that also has money making potential

But recently (like 3-4 days) I have been trying to educate myself about investing in stock market, just learning through fake money . It's quite interesting but not sure if i should write about it because its only been few days.

Can someone help me out here pls.

Have you done the keyword research for stock market investing yet? Anything in the financial space is going to be very competitive. Check any of your main keywords and you'll see the 1st few pages dominated by major financial sites like MarketWatch and TheStreet.

Plus I don't think there are many related affiliate programs. Maybe some funky ebooks.

Hey, I just want to know when looking at the money making potential and competition for the niche as a newbie what number should I look for before writing anything on the niche.

Secondly would a niche such as history of internet, history of computer or history of money good for a newbie? . I am planning to write about history of money since that's interesting.

I think if you are going to enter into a niche market, you really need to understand that niche thoroughly. Picking a niche that is new to you sounds like asking for trouble to me unless you plan to invest a lot of time and effort to research that niche.

I think if you are going to enter into a niche market, you really need to understand that niche thoroughly. Picking a niche that is new to you sounds like asking for trouble to me unless you plan to invest a lot of time and effort to research that niche.

well the niche that I like are either too competitive for beginner or dont have money making potential, that's the big problem

I am planning to write about history of money since that's interesting.

I don't really see how you could monetize that niche. You need to think about who would want to know about that niche and why and if they would be interested in buying something or just curious or just doing research. I don't see it as a good niche at all. PLUS I think once you got started with it you would be bored before too long.

You said you are interested in electronics/travel/languages right? What about some of these niches:

Vacations
Printers (ink)
Cell Phones
Computer Security
Computer Memory
Laptops
Language Software
Game controllers

I think you'd need to break them down further, but my affiliate source contains merchants for those categories.

In my opinion while thinking about a niche you need to think if anyone will buy it.

For instance:
history of internet - interesting subject, but more informative than money making.
history of computer - unless you think people will purchase computers or parts by reading the history of computers, I would stay away. Not an expert, but I don't think people searching for this would be looking for parts like memory, and software (if people don't know much about computers, they wouldn't be building a computer).
history of money good - again what would you sell?

Ayways hope that helps. I had a tough time with this step as well. Sometimes you just have to think of a specific target group. For instance if you wanted to sell apparel or sports equipment. Maybe consider kids apparel or equipment, or sports equipment for the disabled.

Good luck!

MI
Back