The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello I am keen to learn how to launch and attract members

Stephanie

affiliate
Hi I am helping to moderate and launch a new uk website called BizFace so am looking for tips.

I may be able to help others as I have many years experience moderating e-learning - just not as technically savvy ad most here - happy to help if I can though.

Hello Stephanie,
Welcome to UK Webmaster World forums, I am sure we can share experience of how to grow a forum, what is the url of your new forum? .co.uk or .com? (I know you aid its called BizFace )

Thanks

Thanks to all those welcoming - just to say we have a .co.uk - we tried to buy the .com but it is parked, and GoDaddy cannot get hold of the owner.

We started BizFace because we felt we were not getting enough from our face to face business networking meetings, and we could not find anything that did quite what we wanted - so did it ourselves!

Hello Stephanie,
Welcome to UK Webmaster World forums, I am sure we can share experience of how to grow a forum, what is the url of your new forum? .co.uk or .com? (I know you aid its called BizFace )

Thanks

Sharing more

BizFace is an online businesss networking forum. You can chat on forums but also set up permanent details about your company that others can look at. There is also a 'learning centre' and as I am a chartered psychologist I have set up a business psychology (managing people) type area.

One of the things I noticed from teaching students online is that they like the permanency once they get used to it, so they can dip in and out to read up on people and forums. Then when they meet up they know each others interests etc. We felt BizFace could help people make their face to face networking more efficient in the same way, they will already know a bit about each other and agree to meet up (in the past I have wondered around at such networking lunches wondering who on earth to talk to...)

I just hope we get enough interest, so am looking for clues!

BizFace ... sounds interesting, please share more ...

welcome :)

You have to start some thing as blog and have some interesting knowledge on this and do some seo work also to start getting ttraffic

Thanks, I know it will be a lot of work!

I will have a think about the best type of blog that matches BizFace!

Stephanie, just registered at you forum, its excellent. One suggestion, there should be a thread where new members can be welcomed... give them a gentle way of getting into the site before they start posting :)

Forum

:D Thanks for the feedback Temi - and a great idea. Will do that tomorrow.

As you can see, we are really right at the beginning, but have a lot planned.

I thought it was best to get the advice early, am finding this website really useful - thanks for all your support here.

Stephanie, just registered at you forum, its excellent. One suggestion, there should be a thread where new members can be welcomed... give them a gentle way of getting into the site before they start posting :)

Brilliant Temi, I have just set it up and put a welcoming message, plus I have setup a thread in our IT and web discussion area telling everyone to come here for great advice!

I will not get active working on links and more content etc. (and checking out further tips here of course).

Hi Stephanie

It is nice to see another female here. I know how difficult it is to get a forum up and running, believe me!, but you are definately in the right place for advice - I have found the guys on here to be really great and spot-on with advice.

I will pop over and join your forum now.

I hope you don't mind my making a suggestion though. I am a member of several other business forums, and just from my observations people seem to like a 'General Business Discussion' area where they can post about anything to do with their business. It always seems to be the most popular. So perhaps also adding something like that, or combining a couple of other forums into that may be something to think about. I hope you don't think I am being critical - it is just a suggestion based on my observations.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for this Lorna, it is very much appreciated.

Far from thinking it critical, we really do need this sort of comment to help us make sure this is a success. So any 'critique' or suggestions are very welcome.

MI
Back