The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Has anyone tried paid directories

kenpachi

affiliate
Has anyone tried paid directories? I'm tempted to try a few, but I'm not sure what kind of results to expect, if any. For people that have tried it, is it worth it? Thanks!

I've done a few paid Internet Marketing Directories - some of the bigger ones too. I have always been disappointed. I may have gotten what I paid for - if I paid 30 for a listing I may have gotten 60 clicks worth of traffic back. 50 cents per click isn't too bad. But for me, based on the amount of traffic I need to sustain month after month 60 clicks is nothing! So just was not worth the effort to me.

For a small company or site that 60 clicks may mean a lot. OR if you submit to lots of directories it could add up I guess. But there are lots of factors, the market you are in, the amount of targeted traffic it gets, how fast the turnover is - ie. how long your listing stays on top. etc.etc.

If we're talking about a standard low cost directory listing, then why not pick the 2 you think would be the best possible and see the results, then decide if it's worth doing more.

I've gotten mix results for paying for directory submission. I didn't get the amount of traffic I had hoped for but one of my better affiliates found us through a directory I paid for.

MI
Back