The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hard Work

Midlandi

affiliate
Running a Forum and trying to make a sucsess of it is HARD work, as I am sure all other Forum owners will agree.
I very often almost give up, especially when there are a few quiet days.I wonder is the effort worth it?
Does any other forum owner get the same feelings?

Heh ... unfortunately I should agree :( Nowadays it's very hard to keep
a forum active. But ... we still run our forums :) Don't we!? Maybe sentimentality or something like that :)

John,
Once needs to be VERY determined to make success of a forum, there has been days in the past when i fell like throwing the towel in but I stop having such doubt... I just notice what is working and do more of that and do away with what is not working...

Perhaps if you hand on in there long enough, you could make a success of it, don't give up :)

i dont think i could run more than 3 forums at a time until they run them selves, im now at a point with one of my sites that it will run its self i only go there on weekends now and check up on things

I don't own a forum but can well imagine the work it involves to keep it actively running. As Temi says, keep it running long enough and you'll make a success of it. Good luck.

now a days it seems there are only people reading forums and not posting on them.

i run one forum and have to agree it is hard.

but i wont hire posters i want to grow natural.

I would agree, it is difficult running a forum but if you have the right people backing you and helping in building the content and keeping the forum active, all falls in place.

If you want to make it easier managing a forum, do it the best way, and start a niche forum. I run a webmaster forum along with Piet and I have to admit, I don't think it is going anywhere, mainly because there are several webmaster forums out there offering a "community", activity matters.

Midlandi, I used to run a computer forum as you may be aware of, it was previously running on phpBB after a while, I thought upgrading to vB would be a great idea, and I tried to make it as userfriendly as possible, but in the end, it took too much time helping users with volunteer work. Nor, did I have active staff or users backing up, so I sold it to a good webmaster that has done his job quite impressive.

Forums take time and hard work. There are no shortcuts, as least not based on my experience.

Regards,
Meti

People say its hard work to start a forum and get it going, but its even harder work when you eventually get a large established forum... forums are basically hard work all round... :)

People say its hard work to start a forum and get it going, but its even harder work when you eventually get a large established forum... forums are basically hard work all round... :)

It depends, if you're a experienced guy with some basic knowledge in PHP/MYSQL and experienced in forums and how to keep the sprit of a community rolling I see no issues.

- Meti

I can't imagine how hard it would be to run a good successful forum like you guys here, I find just trying to keep on top of my blogs and only posting on the 3 forums I use hard work:goodjobsign: guys!!

It depends what you are interested in. I managed a forum for about 400 people a while back which started with me and my mates posting random videos and websites we liked, and it kinda snowballed.

MI
Back