Daily budget: $20 at least
Total budget: $180
Geo: UK
Offer: Grocery Gift Card
Vertical: Sweepstake
Traffic Source for now: Propeller Ads
Ad Format: OnClick (PopUnder)

Strategy:
- Drive traffic straight to the advertiser’s pre-lander because the affiliate manager told me that it is doing well currently.
- Cut off the campaign if there is no conversion in 3 days or if negative ROI is 75% or above.

I let the campaign running for a while and I noticed that there were some suspicious visits according to Voluum. My daily budget is $20 but I’ve decided to stop the campaign right now @$10 spent because of the number of suspicious visits. I am pausing all zones that have at least 100 suspicious visits.
suspicious_visits.png

Previously, I also ran the campaign in a Standard method where the money is being spent as quickly as possible. Since I have a limited budget, I am going to use a Distributed method so the money is spent evenly throughout the day.

Are you able to, or have you already, cut any targets or sources that are eating your budget with no results, or that are sending suspicious traffic?

Also, are you testing landing pages and tracking?

Let us know how you do with the changes made.

Are you able to, or have you already, cut any targets or sources that are eating your budget with no results, or that are sending suspicious traffic?

Also, are you testing landing pages and tracking?

Let us know how you do with the changes made.
I only test the pre-lander from the advertiser and I am not using my own landers for now. I did exclude zones that have more than 100 suspicious visits and 80% suspicious activities. My Voluum tracking link is working just fine right now and I am able to see many factors such as zones, OS, city, etc.

Hey!

Nice work on starting a journey! Here's some things to consider when running pop traffic:
You are direct linking to the offer... What is the offer URL page speed?
With pops, you have less than 1 second to grab the visitors attention - if the offer page loads slower you are going to lose visitors and of course not convert well.

You should be using a lander which grabs attention and loads very fast. Pop is very cold traffic, visitors hate pop so it's tricky to get a visitor to convert, but it definitely works if done correctly.

You should be testing multiple landers and multiple offers to see how performance differs and go with the best combo.

Never give up! It definitely makes people a lot of money, keep at it and it will for you too :)
If you have anymore questions let me know.

Hey!

Nice work on starting a journey! Here's some things to consider when running pop traffic:
You are direct linking to the offer... What is the offer URL page speed?
With pops, you have less than 1 second to grab the visitors attention - if the offer page loads slower you are going to lose visitors and of course not convert well.

You should be using a lander which grabs attention and loads very fast. Pop is very cold traffic, visitors hate pop so it's tricky to get a visitor to convert, but it definitely works if done correctly.

You should be testing multiple landers and multiple offers to see how performance differs and go with the best combo.

Never give up! It definitely makes people a lot of money, keep at it and it will for you too :)
If you have anymore questions let me know.
The URL speed is approximately 1.44 seconds so it is a little bit slower. I take your suggestion that that pop is very cold traffic is hard to convert and I will look for another method to promote the offer.

After I ran the campaign for 2 days, I only had 1 conversion ($2 payout) and I spent $43.94. I am stopping the campaign now and I am going to do research on 2 CPM based ad formats: Interstitial and Push Notification. I am also going to look at CPC pricing model because the money is not being spent as quickly as CPM model.

$2 as a pay out is too low IMHO although if the offer is a good one it can work at that customer acquisition value. (Very good.)

You definitely want to filter with a simple landing page that captures both the interest of the viewer and presells the concepts of the offer -- in the most direct and least common denominator language.

Suggested Keywords For Your Industry: Google Ads for Small Business
November 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM
I was just looking at this yesterday -- this is CPC but can also be seen as the FMV (Fair Market Value) of getting a CTR <<<the *competition* so to speak
Suggested keywords for grocery stores
Keyword Search Volume Average Cost

best grocery stores $5.15
cheap groceries $1.93
groceries $4.23
grocery store $3.56
grocery store near me $3.01
local grocery stores $3.12
local supermarkets $3.44
nearest grocery store $4.51
nearest supermarket $2.72
neighborhood grocery $6.90
organic grocery store $3.26
supermarket $4.48
supermarket near me $3.86.

the median price is $3.56

(Think about that for a minute...).

$2 as a pay out is too low IMHO although if the offer is a good one it can work at that customer acquisition value. (Very good.)

You definitely want to filter with a simple landing page that captures both the interest of the viewer and presells the concepts of the offer -- in the most direct and least common denominator language.

Suggested Keywords For Your Industry: Google Ads for Small Business
November 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM
I was just looking at this yesterday -- this is CPC but can also be seen as the FMV (Fair Market Value) of getting a CTR <<<the *competition* so to speak
Suggested keywords for grocery stores
Keyword Search Volume Average Cost

best grocery stores $5.15
cheap groceries $1.93
groceries $4.23
grocery store $3.56
grocery store near me $3.01
local grocery stores $3.12
local supermarkets $3.44
nearest grocery store $4.51
nearest supermarket $2.72
neighborhood grocery $6.90
organic grocery store $3.26
supermarket $4.48
supermarket near me $3.86.

the median price is $3.56

(Think about that for a minute...).
Hi Graybeard, definitely I won't promote anything on google right now because the keywords are super expensive. That's why I use pop traffic/insterstitial traffic features to promote low pay offer like sweepstakes.

amazing @atc90211, i think that 2usd payour offer is little hard to be green.
why don't you try high payout offers and see what works the best.
yeah I've been also looking for higher payout offer right now but those offers usually require credit card submission and many people are reluctant to submit their credit card info.

Previously, I also ran the campaign in a Standard method where the money is being spent as quickly as possible. Since I have a limited budget, I am going to use a Distributed method so the money is spent evenly throughout the day.

I believe you got your sweepstake offer through a network, maybe you should contact your affiliate manager.
Ask him as much info as possible it will help you.
For example, I don't think you should get your traffic every hour of the day, there are some better converting times than others. If there are multiple choices of landing, kindly ask which one is more converting in the last 48hours.
Communication is the key, especially when you have low budget, you can't afford figuring out all these by yourself.

Why are you comparing GoogleAds prices with pop traffic/insterstitial traffic prices? No point in that EXCEPT the impressions /CR (conversion ratio)=CAC (Customer acquisition cost) if you could bid $0.16 CPC it might make sense -- you cant.

@0.099 1:20 would break even
scale=3;2/.099

scale=3;15*.099 1.485
(-1.485/2)+1
If that is acceptable as a ROI: can you do the volume to make it worthwhile to you?

if:
(-1.485/3)+1

the offer paid 1/3 more you would makes twice as much money -- that's what we are saying.
@2.75
(-1.485/2.75)+1

I believe you got your sweepstake offer through a network, maybe you should contact your affiliate manager.
Ask him as much info as possible it will help you.
For example, I don't think you should get your traffic every hour of the day, there are some better converting times than others. If there are multiple choices of landing, kindly ask which one is more converting in the last 48hours.
Communication is the key, especially when you have low budget, you can't afford figuring out all these by yourself.
Unfortunately the affiliate manager doesn't have the data for that. So like it or not I have to spend my own money to collect data. Since the commission is small, I am going to find offers with better commissions. I've been noticing that average payout for most lead-gen/sweepstake offers is $2.4 for 1st tier countries. In this case, I may need to either get a higher payout or get a cheaper traffic source.

Why are you comparing GoogleAds prices with pop traffic/insterstitial traffic prices? No point in that EXCEPT the impressions /CR (conversion ratio)=CAC (Customer acquisition cost) if you could bid $0.16 CPC it might make sense -- you cant.

@0.099 1:20 would break even
scale=3;2/.099

scale=3;15*.099 1.485
(-1.485/2)+1
If that is acceptable as a ROI: can you do the volume to make it worthwhile to you?

if:
(-1.485/3)+1

the offer paid 1/3 more you would makes twice as much money -- that's what we are saying.
@2.75
(-1.485/2.75)+1
On your 1st message, you included the median price of keyword from google: 2019-03-21_1529. That's why I got confused.

What I am saying is you can't pay for the ads at the reward you are getting for the number of ads it takes to get a conversion. You say so yourself.
The price of best quality ad traffic like Google Ads is *5 to 18 to a conversion. That is the ratio that people are bidding -- their payout has to be $16 or better to break even.

If it costs you $2.75 in ads to get a $2 payout -- what is the point? How much have you lost already? Set a limit (maybe you have already).

Maybe, its just an experiment for you?

Maybe, there is a way?
Maybe, in app ads might work out?
As Ive mentioned previously, I didn't use Google ads to promote the offer and that's why I used other traffic networks with a cheaper cost to promote the offers. Of course, it doesn't make sense at all if the payout is $2 and the traffic cost is $2.75. Comparing Google ads and Propellerads is like comparing apple and orange.
Couple of years ago, my friend and I promoted sweepstake offer with the same payout on zeropark and we had 25% conversion. I am currently experimenting with Propellerads and I want to find out what's the best offers on this traffic network.

You go and test push notifications with propeller, that pop inventory has a lot of non converting traffic and it will take a lot of cash to filter things out and your marketing funnels has to be solid. Select High CTR User Activity
option and run with push and let us know the results

After I ran the campaign for 2 days, I only had 1 conversion ($2 payout) and I spent $43.94. I am stopping the campaign now and I am going to do research on 2 CPM based ad formats: Interstitial and Push Notification. I am also going to look at CPC pricing model because the money is not being spent as quickly as CPM model.

What I am saying is you can't pay for the ads at the reward you are getting for the number of ads it takes to get a conversion. You say so yourself.
The price of best quality ad traffic like Google Ads is *5 to 18 to a conversion. That is the ratio that people are bidding -- their payout has to be $16 or better to break even.

If it costs you $2.75 in ads to get a $2 payout -- what is the point? How much have you lost already? Set a limit (maybe you have already).

Maybe, its just an experiment for you?

Maybe, there is a way?
Maybe, in app ads might work out?

I thought we cannot run CPA marketing through Google Ads, they will ban your account very fast
You can but it has to be white hat, comply with their policies, and you don't drive the traffic directly to the offer. Anyway, Google is not the place to promote the majority of offers if the payout is less than $40. Plus, the keyword is too expensive so that's why Zeropark, Propellerads, Popads, and other traffic networks are great alternatives.

MI
Back