The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Got $20,000 to spend on Internet Marketing Campaign

alexroux

affiliate
Hey everyone!

I wanted to have your opinion and advice on how to spend $20,000 monthly on an online marketing campaign for the company I work for.

The company offers Canadian B2B (Business to Business) IT Solutions, Services and Hardware distribution.

The target customers are IT Professionals from small businesses, medium sized organizations and large enterprises; that includes Government, Health and Education.

I need to find the right websites and advertising services to create the marketing plan to advertise for the company's products, services and solutions and major events.

Questions :

Where would I find websites or blogs targeting IT Professionals that offer advertisement space?

Would you recommend text ads, image ads, flash, video, audio ... ?

Do you know of an advertising service which targets IT professionals in Canada? What services do they offer?

Where could I rent or buy a targeted email list of Canadian IT Professionals? To send an invitation to an IT seminar for example.

Where should most money be spent? Which has the highest ROI potential? PPC, Emails lists, CPM... ?

Any other PPC services apart from Google, Yahoo and MSN which could be interesting?

An idea for a creative internet marketing campaign targeted towards IT Professionals?

You know any other worthy places to advertise to IT Professionals?

Thank you for your help!

alexroux,

This isn't the ideal forum for this. You really need to sit down with a trusted Search Marketing consultant who can look at your goals and help you take a look at the competitve landscape for your market before making recommendations.

I will say this however, you shoud focus on a solid Search Engine Optimization effort first, followed by assessing whether or not it makes sense to involve social media and pay per click search.

Advertising (not PPC) should be a last resort as it will provide you with the lowest return on investment.

Lastly, I would certainly not rent a list of email names. It is a great way to get your domain or IP blacklisted and get labelled as a spammer. It is best to work with a company that provides professional email marketing services from servers and IP's that are trusted and will not be flagged as spam.

I hope that helps.

Anthony

I agree, especially on the email lists.

Thread moved to Search Engine Marketing & SEO Forum .

I would not be exposing what the budget is upfront. Not a good thing to do, make's you look "easy", and believe me, if the company is willing to spend that much a month, you had better get results.

You need to make sure it is a highly reputable company with a long track record of success, not some company with just a few years of online marketing.

I would place that type of budget in the top 1 % of online advertising across the web, sure there are a lot spending way more per month, but they are usualy publicly traded companies.

The point is that there are a lot of shady online marketing companies/SEO/SEM out there that would love to take you for a ride down a road you do not want to travel.

I am also in agreement with the remarks about email marketing unless you build your own list.

They are nothing but a lead generation company. They work on CPA and the quality of leads may not be at a high enough precentage since most CPA systems squeeze a non related lead out of a different or somewhat related lead, so they sell them across the board. Pretty much a datamine company.

I really do not think that would be the best solution when they have more than enough budget to do a lot more, like seo, ppc, branding and a targeted ad network, whereas this company will just give them leads without putting their name on the market and no branding effect.

There is a canadian company called "Neverblue". Try contacting them. They are located in Victoria, BC.

His company is not a good match for a CPA network like Neveblue. CPA is bad match for his product and won't even work. Even if it was BtoC but especially since it's B2B.

I agree with jcorkern. "they have more than enough budget to do a lot more, like seo, ppc, branding and a targeted ad network'

banners
Back