The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google

payoneday

affiliate
Google is the best search engine now. How long it can in this place, So what are your ideas about this. I like to know.

Agreed, in the short term, Google is going to be the frontrunner. However, I don't believe that they will always be number one. Times change.

Because bing is the "decision engine," which gives you a good idea how it works for a targeted set of query types

Here's a quote from another site that sums up my view:

...some marketing genius decided that instead of presenting Bing as competitors to Google by calling it a new or better ‘search engine’, they decided to try and coin a term to differentiate Bing as a different type of product, a ‘decision engine’.

BAD DECISION, ENGINE

This, simply put, was a massive, massive mistake. In one fell swoop Microsoft went from showing the world that there was an alternative to Google to making it look as though Bing was something different than Google.

Notice how subtly, yet fundamentally, those two points differ.

“When you need to make a decision, use Bing”, boils down to “But if you want to just, you know, look something up or search the Internet, keep using Google”.

Sigh. Don’t play the nomenclature game Microsoft, it’s dangerous and the truth of the matter is, you just wasted a crap-load of money, and if you continue to call Bing a ‘decision engine’, you may jeopardize all of your other efforts to gain SEARCH market share.

You built Bing to fill an existing need right? Now get it through your skull: the need your product fills is that of a search engine, not that of a decision engine, because there is no existing need for a ‘decision engine’. There is no such thing, as a decision engine.

Thanks for your ideas and going through your ideas, I think that "Bing" will give some challenge to Google. Am I right?

I'll tell you one way that Bing could beat Google...

Making our lives a lot easier through assisting webmasters to reach their audience!

Google makes it so difficult, putting up barriers, keeping secrets, being as vague as possible. Their own help sections are useless. Their own forum is full of rude and arrogant "representatives" of Google ready to take swipes at people the moment they arrive.

And Bing could beat Google just by keeping it simple, offering assistance of value, and helping people like us to find an audience for our sites.

I've been trying out Bing, and I have to say I am both impressed and disappointed. I'm disappointed in their ability to help my site appear in their search. I tried to start using their tools and they couldn't see their own meta tag after I installed it! And there was no help to resolve it, just plenty of others with the same problem.

On the other hand, in PPC advertising they beat Google hands down for customer service. Within a few days of setting up an ad campaign with them they'd emailed me to offer help, even offering to go into the account and set an ad up for me to maximise my budget and performance.

I'm not even sure that a huge shift in customer service would be sufficient. The critical thing is search itself. People want good, relevant search results and they want them fast. That's the crux.

I think at the moment and in the near future Google are going to be the biggest and most powerful search engine.

However imo I think eventually they will go too far and lose a lot of searches because everyday the results become even more predictable!

I'm not even sure that a huge shift in customer service would be sufficient. The critical thing is search itself. People want good, relevant search results and they want them fast. That's the crux.

But...

How many people now have a blog, and would love to see their blog appear in search?
How many webmasters currently optimize for Google and are constantly hitting a brick wall?

I dare say that almost all relevant webmasters who know what they're doing have at least one blog, and Bing could get one-up on Google just by displaying a "Blogroll" as a separate results bar at the side of every results page.

Once Bing has Bloggers and Webmasters on side (by being open, helpful and honest) those same people will gladly do the promoting of Bing for them. The only reason I can see for Google becoming the dominant force it is, was their initial jump into "helping" webmasters. It then becae a snowball as people *had* to work for Google optimization as a priority.

If Bing took their partnership with creaters of content more seriously and just thought outside the box for a little while they'd see the same snowball as people moved away from big, bad Google.

I would gladly promote Bing as the preferred SE on my sites and blogs if they made their process simpler and more beneficial to me than Google currently is (which wouldn't be that hard).

banners
Back