The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google Webmaster Tools

Conran

affiliate
I'm having issues with keeping track of my site performance in Webmaster Tools.

I spent a week optimizing my site for one specific (popular) keyword, and in the keyword list for my site in WT it moved up one place into 21. Today it's moved back down. There's also a keyword listed that was the title of an image, yet that image was renamed a week ago.

Also, in the section "Users clicked on your site in these searches" it shows two clicks, neither for the keyword I've been optimizing for. And yet in Analytics it shows several visitors to my site from those keywords. To add to the confusion, when I search on that keyword my site is nowhere to be seen, either in organic Google searches or Ads!

So I can only assume my site is being clicked on in searches for my keyword but that the data isn't showing in WT.

It's really confusing me because I want to optimize my site properly, but I can't keep track of what's working with Google using their slow systems.

I guess I'm asking if there are any reliable free services out there that allow real-time analysis of what my keywords are doing, and whether my site is performing well for them?

And, why you think my site isn't appearing in the ads on Google for searches of my keyword?

Any help appreciated.

It is always suggestive not to perform any optimization methods when you are signed into Google accounts and specially if you are using their tools in your website! Google just notes the IP location of your computer id and shows results according to it when you search in it. Inside WT if you find your website resulted for any querry that may not appear everytime because it is just the record of your link appear in the SERP's at that time.

And there are no magical tools to get information for your keyword ranking! So, try manually to find how they are ranking. All that you need is optimize your keywords properly in both on-page and off-page link building.

"And, why you think my site isn't appearing in the ads on Google for searches of my keyword?"

This is totally based on the quality of your ad campaign. Ensure you follow the guidelines designed by Google.

banners
Back