Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google vs. Google Caffeine

D

djbaxter

Google Caffeine
by Aaron Wall, SEOBook.com
Aug 16, 2009

In the new infrastructure so far I think there is...

• an increased weighting on domain authority & some authoritative tag type pages ranking (like Technorati tag pages + Facebook tag pages), as well as pages on sites like Scribd ranking for some long tail queries based mostly on domain authority and sorta spammy on page text
  • perhaps slightly more weight on exact match domain names
  • perhaps a bit better understanding of related words / synonyms
  • tuning down some of the exposure for video & some universal search results
You can check out the new results here and CompareCaffeine.com offers side by side comparisons of new Google + old Google - similar to the recent blind search service which compared Google, Yahoo!, & Bing results.

...more

Aaron Wall is so great that he even developed a new tool to compare the search results. CompareCaffeine will definitely be helpful to SEO engineers.

an increased weighting on domain authority & some authoritative tag type pages ranking (like Technorati tag pages + Facebook tag pages), as well as pages on sites like Scribd ranking for some long tail queries based mostly on domain authority and sorta spammy on page text

So i think it will be more tough for us newbies to start scartch, is that right??

That's probably correct, although in fact Google has been moving in that direction for a while now.

It might be more harder now for a newbie to increase a site ranking in the Google SERPs but with it can still be done if the right steps are followed.
Using Google to search for words like "free SEO tips" will return a whole lot of useful results.

I would agree greater weight has been given to domain names that are keyword rich. In fact on the sites I monitor, those seem to be doing better with caffeine then the others. Could by coincidental, but makes me believe domains have more weight for now. But with the availability of new domains being so scarce, I doubt such weight will be given to domains for very long.

I too have noticed keyword domains doing better, and I think older domains are doing better, which I suppose is good for some, but bad for most.

I too have noticed keyword domains doing better, and I think older domains are doing better, which I suppose is good for some, but bad for most.

I also noticed that bing and yahoo put a lot of weight on keyword domains. So maybe caffeine is moving in the same direction. This approach looks more reasonable as at the moment you will find websites which rank for many keywords related of a wide variety of niches (with only one article) while the another site that is fuly dedicated to one niche is kept far behind.

I'm thinking that on some of my newer Web 2.0 props (that are built to be a backlink to my main site), they will be indexed faster.

MI
Back