Google SEO Resources for Beginners

D

djbaxter

Google SEO Resources for Beginners
Wemaster Central Blog
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Webmaster Level: Beginner

Step 1: Absorb the basics
If you like to learn by reading, download our SEO Starter Guide for reading while you're on an exercise bike, training for Ironman.

Or, if you're more a video watcher, try listening to my Search Friendly Development session while you're cleaning your house. Keep in mind that some parts of the presentation are a little more technical.

YouTube - Google I/O 2009 - Search Friendly Development

For good measure, and because at some point you'll hear references to them, check out our webmaster guidelines for yourself.

Read more...

Why not mention a software program like WEBCeo its free and it's awesome!

Automated SEO programs are always a little suspect. If I recall correctly, Google specifically mentioned WebCEO as an example of a program that violated their ToS for automated Google search queries a few years back. I saw a post later on that claimed WebCEO had fixed that particular problem but I think it's left a concern about Google's reaction to the use of this sort of thing.

Additionally, it's important that any automated SEO program you use have the built-in capacity to use different variations on anchor text for link-building. Not to do so flags your site as one that is probably engaging in what Google calls "artificial link building". Of course, that's a bit hypocritical because everyone does that to some extent but you need to make it look a little less glaringly obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not mention a software program like WEBCeo its free and it's awesome!
WebCEO isn't totally free all of it - the free version is very limited - but it's ok to use in the beginning. Never heard of them having problems with Google actually - new info for me - but then again I'm fairly new to this, but have been told by people who's worked with SEO for several years, that WebCEO was one of a few programs which worked seemlessly and correctly with t.ex Google !? Now I'm actually a bit confused :confused:

WebCEO isn't totally free all of it - the free version is very limited - but it's ok to use in the beginning.

I admit that I used it - but I think it was the trial version or something. I let the thing expire because I did hear some bad news about it...not sure if it was all true though.

if you want to use seo tool to generate more result then buy the paid software it will help you more in your site...

It is nice to read that SEO post, but, In my experience, I don't think using automated tools or software will not help much with Google traffic. So, I always use manual ways. However, if the software can act as a knowledge base tool & consider the anchor text which is being used, link creation date and etc, that will be awesome. I hve to try such a software, but not sure whether such software exist in the market :D

I don't think automated tool should be neglected just for this reason, i know many automated softwares, especially in the article submission niche, that are doing amazing work. Sure that manual is better...but as you all know time is money.

It is nice to read that SEO post, but, In my experience, I don't think using automated tools or software will not help much with Google traffic. So, I always use manual ways. However, if the software can act as a knowledge base tool & consider the anchor text which is being used, link creation date and etc, that will be awesome. I hve to try such a software, but not sure whether such software exist in the market :D

I don't agree with you, I think there are software which allow us to change the anchor text as well as we can limit number of links per day even, That is a semi-automated software, Those kind of products really save a lot of time than manual work, I am too using semi-automated tools, those are great.

I always make a point to stay away from automated software as I think it's a dangerous game and is against google's policy but i still like to learn about them and see what they do exactly.

MI
Back