The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google pagerank question

flix

affiliate
I have a problem with a relatively new site of mine (the domain has had content for around 2 months now). I'm starting to get a little concerned with my low page rank of 0, and am keen to improve this as soon as possible. I've been linked to from quite a few different sites now, what I thought would have been more than enough to slide up the scale slightly.

According to Alexa my rank for the past 3 months is just under 2.5mil, but for the past month it's just under a million. Is this ranking generally normally high enough to justify a higher page rank? (understanding that there are many other factors that go into analysing PR).

For example, are there any site owners here with a PR of 3 or more outside of the top million on Alexa?

For my page rank, how long generally should I expect to see results? I was thinking it would take a 3 month cycle, which would mean another month or so for me to see real results, but does anyone have any experience of increasing rankings in a shorter time frame that that?

Last edited by a moderator:
PR updates only occur once every three months. Mine updated a few weeks ago so your may be about to update or you may have missed this update and will have to wait until around July time for the next one.

the "few" backlinks of your site make it page ranked to 0.... you should have many backlinks if you want your site to gain high page ranking :D

Another Page rank question. By the way the answer to your question is strive hard get quality backlinks. Don't just get links and follow Google guidelines in linking. That's all. Google is now very sensitive in terms of page rank. And they updated without time frame you may never know when will they update the green thing (PR). :D

3 months

one of the good way to increase your pagerank is to add a terms and conditions page..

Adding a site map to your website and submit it to Google will help you site to get indexed fast and obtain a PR.

i think doing black hat SEO can also affect your ranking..... because, google can make your site unranked if they penalized your site :D

PR and alexa are completely separate. PR is a physical representation of how many websites rank to you, quality benefiting you more of course. So you can have a million links pointing to you but only have the anchor text "grandma pants in the summer" where you will receive little to no traffic. So in a way PR CAN be related to your SERPS but it depends on what kws your targeting. More backlinks = higher PR.

MI
Back