The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google now separating UK from US contents

temi

affiliate
In the last few day, I notice that some UK sites that ranks very highly for some keywords in Google.com are not ranking well any more, not that they have been lowered or anything but I think Google is just separating UK contents from US more and more

One good example is that I never rember GKDs forum's url (because of the hypens) so I just type in "it support forum" he used to be number 2 in Google.com but he is not any more, but he is still number 2 in Google UK.

Same for my webdirectorylist.

At the moment its just one way (UK sites downgraded in Google.com but US sites have not been downgraded in Google.co.uk

Temi, not so sure that is correct!

Just done a few searches and all seems to be normal on my end. Been searching for holiday keywords google.com and many if not all sites are UK!

I would imagine you will be back at number two in the next couple of days temi, happens to me all the time if im actively link building on that particular site i think google just do that until they work out whats going on.

I would imagine you will be back at number two in the next couple of days temi, happens to me all the time if im actively link building on that particular site i think google just do that until they work out whats going on.

Yep, totally agree. This happens to UK One (for our main site words) all the time but always comes back.

Other keywords, during this period when our main site words do not perform seem to prop up and always stay active.

Google Google Google oh what are you are doing to us all...

I agree this happened several times to my swedish web directory, which isin't under my ownership any more, as I wanted to focus on Web Catalogue.

It dropped from the SERP's, went down to Page #3 and back to Page #1, and ranked #1 from there, haven't seen any drops since then.

- Meti

You also have to keep in mind other side of the coin: may be it's not as much your site that lost rankings - may be other sites have improved...

You are not the only one fighting for the place under the sun and there are thousands if not millions of new sites created daily...

I don't think anyone can secure permanent SERP position even for it's own name, of course with a few exceptions like "Google", "DMOZ", etc... :crazy:

Yes i think its true!

I just search "dreamsubmitting" in google.com and then in google.co.uk

There are many sites showing up and down in both results..

Dilpreet

MI
Back