Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google just crushed Amazon sites...

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So I just heard the big G updated and hit all the amazon sites out there - anyone been effected? Jay where you at?

From where did you get this info? - That's what I found out for myself. a few days after the penguin.
In Bing and Yahoo I climbed to number one (but who cares?), but at Google I fell :p

I have to think in a different direction. I hate to depend on the whims of Google.
They got too much power, and I wish that this monopoly will be broken.
Google dictates the search results according to their will, and this can not be OK !!

I am curious what Jay says.

Not just Amazon sites, but most of the sites are affected.

Yes, but I heard they went hard on amazon clone sites - I.e sites that have amazon shop links and try to rank with little unique content or value on the site.

( Exceptionally ) good news from the Google front :

After a few weeks my domains are all back into the top SERPs :)

So fortunately, the reports about amazon were not true.

However, I always cloak my links and set them No-follow.

Good news, but they will punish those who blatantly offer no real value for sure.

Yes sites that have no value (little, no content,or spin articles) will get penalized for sure, if not now, google will catch up sooner or later. This is for all niches not just Amazon too. The days of seo keyword stuffing and not providing value the reader is looking for is long gone! So it's best to always make sure your sites are of real value to the customer and not just for the search engines!

Around 10 pages total on one of my sites, with the homepage having 3,000 + words. Then I have a crap load of one page blogspots ranking. All I did was purchase my own high pr aged domains to backlink to them. They work le a charm!

Clever method, man ;) How many have you bought, and for how much??

All I own is 20 domains - each varying in price; some I picked up on the cheap, with others costing a little more. I'm using a tool called PR Powershot to pick up domains anywhere from $5 - $20 and although they might not be the strongest in terms of Domain/Page authority, they work really well with my strategy.

MI
Back