The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google can now crawl flash

temi

affiliate
oogle has been developing a new algorithm for indexing textual content in Flash files of all kinds, from Flash menus, buttons and banners, to self-contained Flash websites.

full story

I understood this was a collaborative and explorative exercise between Adobe and Google. It is not yet yielding anything concrete and depending on the hardware resources involved (which could be considerable) may never do so.

Optimize flash sites

Great news for seo from all over the world and for people who want to create total flash based website.

To me it's not so encouraging, i still hate using flash while building a site and need faster indexing. Even though the new algorithm can read the flash files, it will index poorly specifically, I say no to flash with navigation menu, page contents and footer links.

For the site look and feel one can use flash in many ways e.g. banners or animated text etc. which give a better presentation to visitors who are looking for some eye tonic.

I think I posted the similar thread with a different title in search engine optimization section. but the users were not interested in reading the blogs that i referred in that post so could not receive the desired response.

thread is here:

http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/...389-good-news-search-engine-optimization.html

Oh boy! this is called internet, it is all hit and miss game! :) Basically the difference is title, people are more curious to read GG can crawl flash rather than the title. [IMO]

Indeed a good find.

cheers!

Google can now crawl flash

Google’s development of a new algorithm for indexing textual content in Flash files of all kinds, from Flash menus, buttons and banners, to self-contained Flash websites is long over due. My daughter is entering a digital arts high school and ine of the main focus id flash design. The teachers stated that they are building for the web user and not Google when I questioned the problems of getting indexed. This development by Google will help index site with lots of useful info that other wise would not be getting crawled properly.

Regards, Gregory Atlas Johnson from Homebizseo.com

Its a great development from Adobe and Google/Yahoo, I expect we'll see a few changes in SERPs once the effects are fully realised as flash dependent sites will have higher visibility in the search engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back