The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google analytics or AWStats?

eagle09

affiliate
Hi,
I though to post this in seo forum and later thought this is the correct forum.

I have google analytics as well as awstats for my site.
awstat's stats are always higher than google analytics when it come to number of visitors.

which one is more accurate?
which one don't count bots?
do google analytics counts subdomain visit even though i install theire code in home page only in the main domain (xxxs.com)?

I use Awstats and I check against recent visitors, I find Awstats better however they also include all the bots who visit, google may exclude them hence the difference.

Using GA, you allow google to know everything about your website, your traffic, where the traffic is coming from, it wouldn't serprise me if they used this data to rank your website, for example a website getting a load of direct-traffic, will probably get bumped up a few SERP placements, because if a website has a lot of traffic, which doesn't bounce, then the content must be good, google loves good content, so it makes sense.

Google analytics

According your comments, good content is main way, for increasing site popularity? So, article submission is enough for Off page optimization?

If 1000 peoples using AWStats than 10000000 peoples are using Google analytic why because showing right all things if you done work under terms & conditions..

MI
Back