The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Good website built for under $500?

mcd888

affiliate
Hello, I'm new to this site and affiliate marketing. I've dabbled in the past with little success. But I do have several ideas. It is time I am short on. Is there a company or companies you could recommend that could build, or finish, a good, but somewhat basic website for under $500.
If I am correct (let me know if I'm not:confused: ) the steps are:
1. develop a market niche and/or product and marketing strategy
2. register a domain name
3. find a web host
4. build your site-then go active on the web
5.promote your site through search engine optimization, friends and family, pay-per-clicks, (bring in as much trafffic as possible) etc
6.sit back and collect your millions!!!! (just kidding, mostly)

I'm hoping there is a company that could finish step 4 and get me started on step 5, without breaking the bank. Thanks for your help. -Sean

You need to define exactly what you want.

If you want a full content site, I would personally spend half a day just learning how to install a wordpress blog with a theme - for a hell of a lot cheaper than $500. Alternatively, you could probably find someone to install it for you for about $30 if you already have the URL and hosting.

If you just want a static site (ie. a couple of landing pages for PPC, you could probably find someone on a forum to do a reasonable job for under $100.

Give us more info about what you are planning and we'll give you a better answer.

Rob_TID is correct. May I add if you are looking for a dynamic page (changes over time) and you are not looking for a blog you might want to check out some CMS systems like Joomla or Elktra.

More specific info

I want to start off with a 5 page website that will be mainly focused towards friends and family. There will be multiple affiliate links on each page. What would be the best way to get a site like this (4-5 pages including home page) up and running ?(without paying a fortune)
Thanks again-Sean

Personally, for something like that, I would throw up a wordpress blog.

If you're intent on spending money, then a lot of people here use SiteBuildIt

Either option allows you to keep adding content, and you WILL want to add more than 5 pages soon enough.

I agree with the wordpress blog.

It is really simple to set up. I would use godaddy . com the hosting is pretty cheap and now .info domains are only 99c so you can be up and running in no time.

They also set up your Wordpress blog for you so no tech knowledge is needed!

Im a wee bit late but ya I agree with everyone else about the wordpress idea. Its free for a theme first off, and theres thousands upon thousands you can pick from. Or you can make your own. I personally suck at coding except for easy stuff so thats the route I took. And I belong to a domain forum and found a NICE TRUTWORTHY person on their, that coded my site and did everything for me, for $20. Dont just trust anyone tho lol. I really checked this guy out first and i paid him AFTER the job was completely done.

As for hosting thats pretty easy too, most hosting sites offer different packages from small packages that are pretty cheap to LARGE packages. I started out with hostgator and just got a little package for right now. I paid $13 the first month for the smallest package which included fees and all that, and then every month after its like $5.

Domains - I personally wouldnt pick a .info JUST because its cheaper than a .com. I dont really think it depends on what your going to do with the site, I always think its best to use the most common extensions. Always make sure you look around for discount coupons! If you take 5 min you could save a buck or two on a .com domain.

And as always, "content is king". Meaning if your site has a lot of rich content on it, its bound to get picked up by people searching around the internet, and by search engine spyders etc etc.

Hope you get it all figured out!!
Kristi

I always tell my affiliate marketng students that they need to build their websites themselves.

For the reason that you will have ideas from time to time that you want to add to your site. If the site is built by you, it is simply a matter of firing up your HTML editor and off you go

If you have someone else build the site, updating your content will be such a hassle

Also there will be SEO tips that you will want to implement on your pages, it's again really straight forward if you have built the site your self

Learn some HTML get a free HTML editor and just start. You'll be amazed how simple it really all is

MI
Back