The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

getting links in forums

OldDarkstarAccount

affiliate
Well, getting links in forums is easy, but it requires some time. There are many kind of forums : SEO forums, Webmaster Forums , Advertising forums etc...
For the majority of the forums there is one sure method : website reviews / website critique area. You can post your site for review and you got yourself with one link.Now the problem may be that some forums require a certain number of post in order to allow you post in this area. Usually it`s 5 or 10 , but sometimes it could even get to 25.

The second way you can get a forum link is on advertisement forums where you can simply find a good category an post your link under a certain forum : as a service, as a product , as your personal site , as a site of web resources or SEO and marketing tools , you name it...

The third way is good for directory owners - you can post your site under 'solicitations and announcement' in 'directories' or 'seo' sections of the forum.

These are 3 way to promote your site on a forum. If anyone knows another way ( maybe better) , please post it there so that we all can learn something.

Regards,
Dks

Hey Darkstar,
This is your first lengthy article/post, well done, you can develop this to a full article :)

Personally, I prefer direct links in my footers of the forums, as seen here (please keep in mind it's a work in progress):

http://www.lifesupporters.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Now that my forums are climbing the PR charts, I'll likely add them to a comprehensive ad purchasing program that I'm designing for my sites. I've had enough of adsense wasting space and possible revenue as well so I'll likely sell the space in the header of the forums as well.

Aside from those ways mentioned above, you can also get backlinks in forums by just participating answering other member's question. For good results, you can participate interacting on sticky threads or on those threads that have been replied by many members...

Not too much business

All you have said is true, but do not expect too much business from Seo forums, they are beneficial for increasing traffic and backlink for a website.

banners
Back