The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Free forum script or paid one?

alec11

affiliate
Do you prefer to use paid script like vb or free script like smf?
i see smf performance is not far diferent than vb.
If i want to make a forum, i think i'll use smf first :)

If you are a new starter and don't wish to pay for a script until you are sure it will kick off, then you could start off with a free script. If you find the forum starts to grow then you can upgrade to VBulletin.

I have used free forumns in the past yes they have worked but required a lot of work. Free ones do a lot better in my opinion.

well it depends I think

If you want to start a webmaster forum, i don't think you'll be taken seriously if you use phpbb or smf

But if your gonna start a gaming forum, warez forum or automotive forum ect. Then users most likely wouldn't mind phpbb

So yeah, depends on what type of forum your gonna start

vBulletin, hands down !
No other forum script is as easy to customize and manage as vB.

:)

If you are a beginner, then free script is suitable for you. I think SMF is the best forum script because it's easy to install mods. vBulletin is the best paid one, though. SMF is the best free one.

------------------
King

I'm a vB fan as well. Nothing compares to vBulletin. If you can afford it, then that's what you should go for. But if you'd rather not pay for it, go with SMF or myBB. I've got a phpBB3 forum and it's currently being spammed on like mad so I can't vouch for that one. But I'm not having any spamming problem with my vBulletin forum so that's certainly the best in terms of security.

Nobody seems to be memtioning proboards here! Its totally free and they even host the site for free. Perhaps is not the best of the lot but for a beginner to learn through trial and error I think its the best way to go!

I have always been a fan of vB but recently started to like IPB better. Both are really good though. Buring Board is something to consider if you can't afford IPB or VB.

MI
Back