The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Finding Any SEO Services provider??

PatrickKori

affiliate
Hi there

We are a new Travel Company wishing to increase our Web Presence.

We have a site up and running (for 3 months) and are now PR0.

We have a few PR3/4 backlinks, have submitted an XML sitemap to Google and have have generated some AdWords Models (using KeywordSpy to generate optimal keywords from competitors). We also have semi SEO'd our Joomla! based website (just the Metatags).

Looking for increasing ranking in major SE's and placement in appropriate high PR directories.

Thanks

You need to do some serious shopping with the industry you are in since it is really a tough market. I can tell you a little about finding the right one for you, not by what you ask them, but rather by what they ask you when you speak with them.

If they are a legit seo company they would ask you a series of questions because of the industry you are targeting. First is what demographics and what locations, countries and areas you intend to have a web presence in.

If you are just going for a major metro, a specialty market (like cruises only). State wide, national or international.

If they do not ask you these questions within the first 5 mins, you are wasting your time and they will likely waste your money.

This is a tough market, so you had better look for the best, with a great support staff, experience, and relationships with the right people to pull off a good campaign.

This will not be cheap, If it is, RUN, as fast as you can away from them.

You may be better off to hire an in house SEO for a project like this, or learn yourself.

Cheap costs is not always a bad thing. If I can get better results for less money, I think that's just cost effective. Paying more does not always mean better, just means you have more money to spend.

I'm sure you'll find the results you want in this forum.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to this field, even on a local level (major metro), you are looking at about 200 to 300 man hours, and I am pretty sure it is a low estimate from a short analysis. So, this is one of the cases of you do get what you pay for. There are no shortcuts to getting top results in this field.

This is not speculation. For "dallas travel", you are looking at good onpage and about 6 to 7 k top quality and high PR links to even remotely contend to get into the first page results because of who you are competing against.

But, 246 k average monthly searches, your ROI should be worth the extra you spend.

Thats true J.....not saying it won't take any work because it does, but it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg either.

Even on the Google home page itself it states no one can gaurantee you the top spot.

And to the original poster, just try what works. Before investing a lot of money, do your due diligence, work your way up and stick to whatever works for you.

Coincidentally.....speaking of "dallas travel" would you believe if I told you I'm ALREADY at number one for it?

I just have it keyed in slightly different but not by much........targeting to my travel company and the city,state.

Keywords and quotations make all the difference.

"Coincidentally.....speaking of "dallas travel" would you believe if I told you I'm ALREADY at number one for it?"

No, I would not, And using variations of keywords still misses the mark. People tend to use the main phrases as a whole, there are what are refered to as long tail keywords with much lower search counts, but you would need to target many in this industry to be able to make a living since the average conversion rate is about 1%. That means 1 out of every 100 clicks on the site converts to a sale or legit lead.

So, "slightly different" does not do when you are dealing with a paying client. And yes, Google states no one can gaurantee you the top spot, keyword here "top". There are many seo companies that can and will get you first page results, they are professionals and will not take a job that they can not do, and yes, there are companies that will take you for a ride if you allow it.

"Keywords and quotations make all the difference."

This is 100% false, having a top position for a phrase in quotes that nobody searches for means you might as well not even be targeting that phrase. And less than 1/2 % of surfers use quotation marks to do searches, so that method is not valid for a legit online business.

The senior people here and even a large number of the regulars here have already tried the get rich quick plans that never work. I know when I started that I paid over 20 k into my online education fund learning what not to do. I would be willing to bet that many others here have done the same. I know for a fact that I have seen many here blast the get rich quick schemes with passion.

So, I ask, why such passion is opposition to these schemes? Because they lost money on them. They have learned the hard way, and that is why they are here to learn as a group to make their businesses gain targeted traffic, setting up sites to convert, share what has worked consistently with a proven track record.

We have many experts here to help, stick around a while and learn some good things that can help you make your mark on the online world.

Wow....well I am ranked #1 for the phrase very similar to the example given "coincidentally" and I only used that word because dallas travel was brought up as an example and "coincidentally" I am ranked high for it. I'm not sure where the 'get rich quick" came into play because to be honest...there is no such thing as getting rich "quick".

Keywords and its variation does play a part in where you rank and my comment of quotations did not mean people are searching and using quotations, but quotations can be used to find targeted keywords, thus they do make a difference.

No....."slightly different" may not help a paying client as I would never tell that to anyone that is paying me if i ever "charged" anyone for free information.
Although "slightly different" makes a difference to step ahead of the competition in all areas......that's why there are so many ways of ranking.......a lot are the same...but some "slightly different".

No disrespect to the "seniors" as stated. I can only share to the poster what works for me and others, surely to be an asset to all the other great material already in the forum. It may be a little "different"...but it effectively brings positive results.....something we're all here for.

Everyone have a blessed one!
:cool:

This is a very interesting thread. I would think that by having a very optimized site and going after longer tail kws would help in your cause.

Its an every day work. reaching to PR4 will not be difficult, but will require

1) some research of keywords. Google Adwords tool is quite good one (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal)

2) start posting interesting PRs and articles using keywords

3) Participate travel related forums

4) Travel blogs like Travelpod, etc. are getting indexed quickly

5) Post videos and slides (tourism is inspiring visually)

6) You can also register in directories

Once you start building your off site popularity and backlinks you will see difference.

MI
Back