The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Finally found a niche and building website :)

Ross Beech

affiliate
Hi guys this post is moving on from my other post about not finding a nich... I have one and I am building my website.
I was just wondering do I need to add a disclaimer clarifying that I am a affiliate site (I no I need to so I don't get in trouble with Amazon) I was just wondering do I need to right some thing like this (any product you click on and purchase is done through Amazon. So any problems with delivery or content is to be taken up with Amazon) or does that make it look like I don't trust what I'm selling. The stuff I will be advertising I do no about and have done for years. What do you guys reckon?

Hey, new to this forum, but not to affiliate marketing, web design, etc. Am learning CPA myself. You are required to post a disclaimer if the products on your site are affiliate products. I found a blogger's site when I was doing my own research, and as a result, put up an affiliate disclaimer, and a medical disclaimer in the footer of my site (it's a weightloss site). You create a menu link to "Legal Stuff" and then have links to a Terms of Service page, Privacy Policy page, and your Affiliate Disclaimer. There are templates online you can use.
Hope this helps!

do I need to add a disclaimer clarifying that I am a affiliate site

You absolutely do, not just for Amazon but also for the FTC. The latest FTC rules say that your disclaimer must be positioned where it will be noticed and read by visitors. I've seen a ton of blog posts where it's at the top of each post now. I've also seen it in the top of a sidebar on the homepage of blogs. It must be prominent to comply now.

Typical verbage for top of posts that I've noticed...."This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclaimer here. (link to Disclaimer page). Some spell it out that they may receive a small commission/compensation at no cost to the visitor. You just have to transparently notify readers that you may make some money from their actions.

@Vseom mentioned the other legal stuff - TOS, PP - definitely add those, as well. Plus, a way for people to contact you. The best thing is a physical address and phone number in addition to email and a contact form or support ticket feature. If you can't do that, put whatever you can but make sure you have a method of contact.

If need be (I don't know your niche), add a medical disclaimer like @Vseom mentioned, too.

Nice thing is, once you have all this stuff in place, you don't have to do it again. :) Plus, there are online generators that will provide you with a TOS, privacy policy, etc. for free. Using a lawyer is always best though, if you can afford it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hey, new to this forum, but not to affiliate marketing, web design, etc. Am learning CPA myself. You are required to post a disclaimer if the products on your site are affiliate products. I found a blogger's site when I was doing my own research, and as a result, put up an affiliate disclaimer, and a medical disclaimer in the footer of my site (it's a weightloss site). You create a menu link to "Legal Stuff" and then have links to a Terms of Service page, Privacy Policy page, and your Affiliate Disclaimer. There are templates online you can use.
Hope this helps!

Hi, @Vseom and welcome. Thank-you for contributing to this thread.

I'd like to invite you to create an Introduction thread, so our members can drop in, say hello and welcome you to the AFix family. :)

banners
Back