The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ezine article publishing-good or bad?

jmk909er

affiliate
Is it a good idea to occasionally publish an Ezine article or does Google consider it to be duplication or spam?

Also is it a good idea for me to post articles on Ezine to get backlinks to my site?

You can definitely post E-Zine Articles and do it you add it to your site. This is simply syndication and will not hurt you.

After the most recent Google updates, it won't help as much as it did in the past. The major thing is to make sure you writing quality articles and not just spun articles.

I remember Matt Cutts from Google recently saying that he didn't feel that links from article directories where an indication of the sites' quality that is being linked to. This is true as Ezine will link to any site as long as the article is of an adequate quality. Therefore it would be wrong of Google to interpret these links as a vote of quality, since that is not why they were produced. The links are a byproduct of the article. Therefore they shouldn't really be increasing rankings because of them.

However he didn't indicate that as of yet no action has been taken. So it looks like they are OK for now, but at some point in the future Google will probably devalue these links from article directories and where they have been picked up. I would say that guest blogging is a better strategy anyway, plus your articles are more likely to stand the test of time in Googles eyes. Guest blog posts can get you some nice direct traffic, and links from far higher ranked pages. You get to showcase your writing talents to an established community, which is gold dust.

I'm pretty certain most directory links have already been devalued - certainly directories that accept almost anything or accept anything for a fee have been targeted repeatedly over the past few years. And Google spokesmen have said repeatedly that they value links only from directories which show clear evidence of quality control and editorial policies, i.e., only listing sites of value.

Google actually prefers links from directories than it does from article directories. This is providing the directory has human editing for quality, and doesn't just accept any link. So yes you are right, make sure that a directory doesn't just accept any link, and then inclusion into it should give you some SEO value. Always remember that a link should be in some way a vote of quality for the site before it gives you SEO benefits.

banners
Back