The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ebooks Won't Give you the SECRET - Keep your wallet in your pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes you can still get valuable info from ebooks, it's just a way to access info.
But, I think more important is to apply the knowledge. Learn from mistakes, trials. That's how you learn and even create your own unique ways.

"Ebooks wont give the secret-Keep your wallet in your pocket"...not at all...there alot of ebooks that work but it depends on how you implement the techniques and how "lazy" you tried your effort and so many factors.

What so important before you buy an ebook you have to check the author's creadibility (google it!) and what is promised in salesletter (what the secrets they will reveal in review mode). Picking the right ebook is crucial to yield your success.

Just opinion..

I think sometimes you can still get valuable info from ebooks, it's just a way to access info.
But, I think more important is to apply the knowledge. Learn from mistakes, trials. That's how you learn and even create your own unique ways.

I agree with you...If we failed to make money from that ebook atleast we have experience and know what was weakness in those techniques.

Perhaps we can create our own technique if we succeed according to what we have learned from ebook...dare to fail but dont you dare to success until you have failed..

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen!

In most cases it seems to me that if you have read one ebook about affiliate marketing you have read them all. And I agree that some of them are just plain junk. But there are some out there that's good and that's why I continue to buy and read them. I feel like if I at least get something out of a book that I haven't learned before then it has been valuable.

It is hard however to learn all you need from just an ebook. Especially if you are just starting out in affiliate marketing. I would think it better to get the join a reputable service that helps to coach or walk you in the right direction. There's just so much to learn in the beginning... without some sort of help it would be very hard.

AMEN!

And nobody I know was born with all knowledge.

So, I salute everyone who doesn't mind sharing, free or at a cost. I just try to get as much FREE information as I possibly can, being a poor person and currently unemployed.

AffliateGuild, well said. But Linda does make a good point. You both did such a good job of explainning that I fell like I am stuck in the middle. I am amazed at all the information that appear on this fourm.

I want to say thank you AG because you did hit the nail on the head and gave me much to think about.

Lotsoflove

Linda, you're the best! So many advices in one place, written so clearly! I'M new in this activity, so thanks to you I have found so much necessary information that every beginner needs!

I think too many people theorize affiliate marketing. Too many people are not taking action. Just like Linda said, you can't become a super affiliate by just reading a mere ebook. Get your feet wet get some campaigns running and keep on keeping on, write your own ebook chapter.
Thanks for the inspiring post Linda. Wish you all the best.

Cheers. Like the forum.
613.jpg

I have a problem with ebooks or books in general :) I HATE READING !!!! and there are alot of marketing ebooks millions lol

I'll be about 160 years old to find which one might be the one .

So please PR friends help your brothers :) any good list of books , i'm just starting my affiliate program on my website and need to know some good tips and tricks to make it run :)

thnx alot Great forum you have here alot of posts i'm lost , i don't know where to start lol

Hi designstd,

It's normal to feel overwhelmed when you 1st start out. Start by checking out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

It's Been Awhile!

Okay, so it's been a while since I said "hi"...

Thought I would put in my two-cents once again :)

I know I have said it before, but if you want good information on marketing, you can hit a bookstore. If you want information on literally anything, you can hit a bookstore...Because the online advertising medium is sooo large, people tend to think that the only good info. relating to online business has to be found online. That is not entirely correct.

Although there is some solid truth to that, and I would never downplay good, solid forums such as this, I will certainly say that if you truly want to learn something, you will either dig through mountains of convoluded information online, most of which is put together by hacks online (unfortunately), you can hit solid forums and free training sites, or hit the ol' bookstore...Let me give you an example:

Last week I wanted to get more information on Strict XHTML Website Coding (sounds exciting doesn't it!). Basically, I can go into more detail, but I would put you asleep.

There are multiple e-books online that give you overviews of this, covering the whole gambit of pricing, from $50 and up....I believe the e-book max is around $350 currently (but don't quote me on that).

Anyway, I was able to pick up a full 900 page text, published this year, fully and written by an professor at one of the branches of Indiana University. Not only an author, but a professor in this exact science....An more importantly, it was a whopping $39...

Anyway, just food for thought!

Aaron,

Welcome back.

You are correct. I know my bookstore purchases over the years have included books on PSP and Wordpress. The internet is a great source for information, but sometimes a book just feels more helpful.

hi guy's...
you are so right, just by reading what have to say i have learned more then in any ebook, and it fells good not like somebody trying to tell me stories of success and how easy it is.
I have always thought that hard work pay along eventually!!!

Hmmm.. Good points guys. I've actually have been doing this business for about like 3 months @_@ .. Still searching for the specific niche, but I'm sure that it will start to with time. Anyways, keep up the great conversations :D

I think for the most parts ebooks should be treated as guides, and "seeds" for information. I'm hesitant to paint all ebooks and their authors with the same brush.

Yes, it's mostly information you can find in a book, or on the internet. But much of the information contained in a good ebook is based on experience, and that's harder to find. Not to mention many beginners don't know where to look for information, so instead of spending hours searching, they can pick something up for $5 that gives them what they need.

I'm not trying to defend ebooks, there are a lot of junk ones out there, but there are some good ones too. Unfortunately you usually don't find out until you've already purchased it.

I think for the most parts ebooks should be treated as guides, and "seeds" for information. I'm hesitant to paint all ebooks and their authors with the same brush.

Yes, it's mostly information you can find in a book, or on the internet. But much of the information contained in a good ebook is based on experience, and that's harder to find. Not to mention many beginners don't know where to look for information, so instead of spending hours searching, they can pick something up for $5 that gives them what they need.

I'm not trying to defend ebooks, there are a lot of junk ones out there, but there are some good ones too. Unfortunately you usually don't find out until you've already purchased it.

Yeah, I absolutely agree with your opinion. That's true, there are some good ebooks, and of course some bad too. But these good ebooks contain a lot of useful information and it's useful to study from them...

Yes I agree there are some good ones. My point was mainly for brand new newbies who haven't learned yet how to filter through all the ebooks that prey on newbies and are filled with hype about making $ with no work or books that are just regurgitated stuff you can get for free.

Great advice for a newbie like me, Linda. Fortunately my husband has had more experience in this arena and has been able to warn me about the ebooks ahead of time! As Americans we are always looking for the "quick fix" but it usually isn't out there!

Great tips I wish I read them months ago. The problem with starting out is you want to get going fast right out of the gates. And the majority of people that are selling the quick fast cash online... it took a year or more for them to work that out.
Main thing is no to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back