The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ebooks Won't Give you the SECRET - Keep your wallet in your pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Linda! I've used eBooks to learn a ton of stuff about Affiliate Marketing. I also use them as give-a-ways to prospects so they can learn too. You never can have too many eBooks!

he...now all reminds me the time when i know nothing about SEO so i tried to learn more from forums (i am still learning)))...so no about affiliate marketing...it takes time but i am sure that all important things takes much time.

Ebooks wont make you money I agree, and you have to work hard, set goals, invest money to have a successful business.

I like your advice Linda. Thank you! Aren't ebooks a good give away though as a freebie to others when they visit your site.. .and hopefully click through to your offer? I'm looking for some really informative ones that maybe I can put my own brand on.

ebooks can be quite useful, but should also be free. Most of them are! The ones that promise to make you into super affiliate within a month is just a big fat lie.

Information provided in most ebooks can be used to better your position if you use the information. What I see is, most noobs loose focus and direction. You see, reading through the hype should be the first thing ever learned in this business. You could be working on the golden opportunity right this very minute and loose focus. You are doing some research and find an ebook that has important information, you read on and when you get to the meat and potatoes the author has thrown in a tasty bone to another opportunity.

Now you are a deer with bright lights shinning in your eyes and don't know whether to move or jump out of the way. Most don't jump. They get hit every time by the magic words "this is the deal" and the rest is history.

I don't believe it ever was the ebook at all. It was the complete inability to stay focused and remember what landed you on the last page, the page that once again is leading you to yet another opportunity but this time "this is the one".

I started that way to, I made the mistakes. I really find ebooks to be interesting and informative. I have to read maybe 4 or 5 on the same subject to get the info I'm looking for but that's fine. I just need to remember why I'm reading them. If I keep opportunity jumping I will never master one concept and this is where most fail.

I don't hold anything against ebooks or the authors, they have to make a buck to. If it's on the fresh blood of the newbie so be it. One day the newbie will type in the key word on their favorite search engine "help with affiliate marketing" and land here.

Read the books, practice the principles and ask the questions. Repeat!

I wouldn't pay for an ebook for sure but they are awesome as freebies to give away especially when you can rebrand them as your own and if they provide excellent sources for useful stuff that help the newbie get a leg up. I have tried this and honestly it helps get the traffic. My list is growing already using this method.

Thanks for the good information Linda. I have read of your threads and I really find them very interesting and helpful, how do you manage to put all the info so perfectly in few words?

Since I have entered in Affiliate business, I came across so many ebook which presents very unrealistic information in very confident way, however you are the fist one who helped me to stick to my own views.

You are the first Star in five ;)
Thanks again

I have downloaded and read numerous ebooks and although they do give some info, aren't they really a presell to the product? The ebook gets you excited and leads you to the product site and that's where the deal is done or the name is captured. I haven't read an ebook yet that didn't have a motive to sell. Not all are bad though and there are ways to make money using them. I think you need to focus on one thing and then conquer it. If you read to much of anything, you get information overload and it's easy to get discouraged or sidetracked.

I agree that the ebooks in general are a waste of time, but when I was first beginning it was helpful. The ebooks gave just enough to get me started in the right direction then from there I could begin to test ideas for myself to try and learn what really works.

Most ebooks are re-hashed information or an overhype of basic ideas...

Thank god for this post, it makes me sick seeing these people who make these e-books making a killing from honest hard working people who are trying to learn this business, it's disguisting. Thank you for this post on behalf of all the marketers who buy this crap.

yeah I have been noticing that there is a large amount of BS in the world of internet marketing.. its unfortunate that it is like this but you can't have it all in life. I have definitely spent money on services that have not been worth it.

"THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO SUCCESS - HARD WORK
Find out why you won't get the magic secrets from eBooks and courses."

I would say that ebooks will give you some ideas that you never thought. Some will even bring some money ... but most of all is to common sense:
Make a site and place content on it.
Now get visitors ...

Which, after reading the book, will turn into ... with constant work ... I can make more than 1 million $

Haha I wish I had know this from the beginning. I've spent a lot of money looking for the perfect method, formula etc... So I totally agree with you Linda!!

People won't find the secret to anything, from an ebook, but they can for sure learn something from them.

Actually the big mistake all newbies make on the internet is that they think they can make quick money. You read ebooks, work a little and money will come pouring. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Ebooks are there to guide and give practical tips and tricks (which you can just get the same info on google for FREE). The actual work will be done by you. And its not a walk in the park! There's nothing easy on the internet. There's no easy money. You have to work HARD for it..!

Thanks Linda for the reminder!

-iLyn

Really interesting read. It's difficult as a newbie to know where to get the best advice and information. I think It's important to look at various sources to get information but especially forum's such as this one because they give people like myself the opportunity to understand the different experiences people have had. It also means that you can be better prepared for what lies ahead and spotting potential pit falls before they have happened.

Thanks for posting :)

Hi Linda,

Great post regarding ebooks. We would also add the the biggest problem especially with books as opposed to some ebooks is that by the time they are published, a lot of the information is out of date because IM is constantly evolving and changes are being made on search engines and the way things are best done?:(

As for courses, there are some excellent ones at affordable prices while also some useless ones that cost a second mortgage? For newbies and beginners, there is no one better than the #1 English guy who lives in Beverly Hills, USA with his wife and 4 dogs and has his own membership website because we belong there and without his training we would still be clueless despite belonging to various forums?:eek:

Forums can at best give you pieces of the jig saw puzzle, but without all the pieces in place, nobody can see the whole picture and will spend too much money and waste too many months or years getting nowhere. Every truly successful online millionaire said they had and have a mentor and very few are able to make it without one, if any?:(

The problem is finding one that can explain and show the steps so that it doesn't sound like Quantum Physics? That is what we like best about our mentor who we are so very much grateful for helping us to get started at the end of 2009. Although today we know most of what he teaches we stay out of loyalty and the friendship we have, having personally met with him on several occasions and his wife as well one time.;)

Otherwise as we said a great piece which all beginners and newbies should follow especially avoiding those scam get rich quick software lies which use paid actors, rented mansions, offices, wads of cash and proofs of earnings to sell worthless trash to the inexperienced and lazy fools who won't do the WORK to become successful but want a quick fix solution?:mad:

Wishing everyone future wealth, and success in whatever their goals.:cool:

Stephen & Jennifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back