The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

eBook creation software

AusWriter

affiliate
Can anyone recommend any good ebook creation software that has an affiliate program?

At the moment I'm mostly limiting by venture into affiliate marketing to products that will be useful for visitors to my existing writing sites. I will be testing any product out before promoting it, but I think ebook creation software might work well. I found one called ebookgold that has an affiliate program but the software seems to be pre-Vista (and I read a comment on a forum that they hadn't put out anything new for 3 years).

I'll keep looking but I'm hoping someone might have a recommendation.

Thanks.:)

Unfortunately, you'll be hard-pressed to find any eBook creation software worth its salt. This is because most ebook creators (speaking strictly of internet marketing types, and not actual publishing houses/authors) export their ebooks in PDF format. This is easily achieved using Adobe Acrobat Pro or through a number of free add-ins for Word/OpenOffice or even stand alone PDF software.

Or were you speaking in terms of a "how to write/produce an ebook" product?

~ Teli

Thanks Teli. That clarifies is beautifully. I kept coming across eBook creation products for sale but as I read through their blurb I couldn't understand what they were offering over and above what people could do with freely available software. They all seemed a bit vague on the details and I thought I was missing something important - but perhaps they're just vague because they don't have anything significant to sell!

BTW I like the sound of your WordPress course. Learning to build my own sites from scratch is on my current "things to do" list. I'm starting a local short course in DreamWeaver on Tuesday (I have the software on my computer and only know how to update with it). I have a WordPress site someone built for me but as a writer and fledgling affiliate marketer I can see tremendous benefits in learning to set up websites myself.

I'll wait until I get the Dreamweaver course out of the way though because I'm a tad technology challenged and doing both at the same time would most likely leave me in a state of utter confusion!

Thanks again.

No problem, and the thing is, with many of those ebook creation software packages--they're older and they are specifically geared at creating executable ebooks (remember those? LOL). Technology has certainly passed them by.

I've decided to list my course up for sale since I don't have as much time as I used to. I'm kind of sad about the decision because I truly love WordPress and helping people, but have to prioritize. :D

As for learning WordPress, it truly isn't too difficult once you wrap your head around it and from there, it's just rinse and repeat. Plus, I tend to hang around the forums, so feel free to post up your WP questions and I'll do my best to answer. ;)

Personally, I already have Microsoft Word 2007, and downloaded the "Export to PDF" add-in from Microsoft's web site. If you've already got MS Word, I've found that to be an excellent option... I already know how to use MS Word, it's got every feature I could possibly want, and the PDF export is flawless.

Thanks Teli,

The DreamWeaver course I started today was fascinating. I consider myself a bit technology challenged and thought I was going to be the dummy of the class. I was surprised to find that I was way ahead of most and had no trouble with the tasks. (Perhaps I'll start that WordPress course a little earlier!)

MI
Back