The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Don't Use FREE Blog Hosting! 73,000 Blogs Just Got Shut Down

Linda Buquet

affiliate
This is why we always say it's best to host your own blog and not to use free hosting that can PULL all your hard work and stop your traffic in it's tracks at ANY moment!

You work TOO hard generating content and building up traffic to lose it all!

<a href="http://netprofitstoday.com/blog/73000-blogs-on-free-hosting-service-shut-down-by-u-s-authorities/">73,000+ Blogs on Free Hosting Service Shut Down by U.S. Authorities</a>

Burstnet client, Blogetery.com which offered free and paid services for more than 73,000 blogs, was ?terminated by request of law enforcement officials, due to material hosted on the server? according to a Burstnet spokesperson on WebHostingTalk.

The spokesperson went on to say ?We are limited as to the details we can provide to you, but note that this was a critical matter and the only available option to us was to immediately deactivate the server.?

The server name was bn.affiliateplex.com. I?m sorry if your blog was hosted there and this is the first time you are hearing about this issue.

yup, I agree.
free hosting and domain will also make you look not professional.
just invest money in paid domain and hosting and you dont have to be afraid to lose your money machine ^_^

Blogetry was apparantly shut down for some highly illegal free content hosted through their blogs, we are unsure what it was, but I feel it was blogetry's fault for not having proper content moderating.

It was bo mb making and ter ro rist content I think.

Breaking up the words so I don't get spidered for those KW and mistakenly shut down. :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Thats shocking news for the bloggers who have hosted with that free hosting service as they lose their earning, using free hosting is not the permanent solution for the websites. Instead of that using Blogger is one of an good way in which bloggers will not have to face these issues.

Instead of that using Blogger is one of an good way in which bloggers will not have to face these issues.

Blogger is also hosted on their servers, not yours. It's less likely that Blogger sites will suffer a fate like this simply because it's Google - the same applies to wordpress.com hosting - but you still have the same limitations as any other system that's not self-hosted.

Blogger is also hosted on their servers, not yours. It's less likely that Blogger sites will suffer a fate like this simply because it's Google - the same applies to wordpress.com hosting - but you still have the same limitations as any other system that's not self-hosted.

Yes i agree with you :)

Thank you!

I've warned people many time about FREE hosting. I've had my share of that in the past and it wasn't pretty. I lost all of my files! :mad:

Just pay for hosting. There's cheap and GREAT ones out there like Hostgator.

MI
Back