The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does these free traffic methods work?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I was told about 2 ways of getting free traffic.

1. Create a Facebook Fan Page. Post the content of your fan page in niche related Facebook Groups once everyday. The more related groups you join the better. This will help get traffic to your Facebook Fan page which will lead to your website.

I tried this method for a few days. Some Facebook Groups have thousands of members, but my posts only get around 10 views each. That's too little traffic to lead to my website. So I doubt if this way is effective.

2. Create an account in Instagram. Post everyday on your account. Put the URL of your website in your profile. If people check out your profile, they might go to your website.

I tried this way of getting free traffic. After a few days I only got less than 10 followers. I think people on Instagram are mostly here to look at the photos you post, and also they are on mobile, how many will click on your profile weblink? So I doubt this way of getting free traffic too.

Do you think these ways are good methods to get free traffic?

1. Create a Facebook Fan Page. Post the content of your fan page in niche related Facebook Groups once everyday. The more related groups you join the better. This will help get traffic to your Facebook Fan page which will lead to your website.

I tried this method for a few days. Some Facebook Groups have thousands of members, but my posts only get around 10 views each. That's too little traffic to lead to my website. So I doubt if this way is effective.

2. Create an account in Instagram. Post everyday on your account. Put the URL of your website in your profile. If people check out your profile, they might go to your website.

I tried this way of getting free traffic. After a few days I only got less than 10 followers. I think people on Instagram are mostly here to look at the photos you post, and also they are on mobile, how many will click on your profile weblink? So I doubt this way of getting free traffic too.

Those are actually the best ways to get free traffic and the best kind of traffic because its organic and real. No matter how large the members of the groups you post in/tweet and what nots. This all boils down how compelling or attractive what your posting is. (also there are groups that have fake members, no doubt). Not too mention how you engage into those communities. You must also consider that.

Its all about content. and... (drum roll) never stick to one traffic source only its important you have another one because its essential for scaling and testing, see what performs and what doesnt. In that way you have comparison.

Also, this doesnt happen overnight or even a week (unless youre a celebrity or a popular character). building up a good amount of organic traffic takes a lot of tiiiime but it pays off. The other source i would suggest is PAID traffic. Dont buy those $5 Fiverr traffic gigs cos its pure garbage. You get what you pay for. Do some research on a few networks that provide good (not perfect) traffic that may help you with this.

tl;dr is to always test, test, test, keep the ball rolling.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope i helped.

Hi Kay, I agree with Dustin! It's a great traffic source because it's genuine, but it will definitely take time. I would make sure you have diverse and interesting content to post in those groups, you don't want to post the same or very similar thing over and over again as it will quickly become spammy.

I'd also take a look through previous posts members have made, what has resulted in the most engagement? I would suggest becoming a genuine member of those groups, so don't always post things with the aim of getting people to your fan page and through to your website, but comment on other posts with useful answers and get involved with the conversations group members are having. This will help you to build trust with these users and over time they will be more likely to check out your site because they have seen that you add value to their group, so there may be something worth while over on your website.

Hope this helps :)

Agree, content rules the world. You need to make some weight in those groups so that users will be interested in reading your posts.
Try answering their questions and be more active, campaigning with posting interesting information that will help.
Bit later try sharing some posts you're interested in.

Be tricky but stay positive. Cheers!

Your content has to be compelling. "If you post it, they will come" doesn't apply in this situation. Look at it this way....you got SOME response. Lots of campaigns get no response at all. Keep producing quality share-worthy content. Your traffic will pick up. Also, don't be afraid to invest a small amount of money. You might be surprised how a little paid traffic helps boost your free traffic.

The other source i would suggest is PAID traffic. Dont buy those $5 Fiverr traffic gigs cos its pure garbage. You get what you pay for. Do some research on a few networks that provide good (not perfect) traffic that may help you with this.

What are some good networks that can provide good paid traffic? Are they expensive?

"I tried this way of getting free traffic. After a few days I only got less than 10 followers. I think people on Instagram are mostly here to look at the photos you post, and also they are on mobile, how many will click on your profile weblink? So I doubt this way of getting free traffic too."

Right now, I'm trying to grow my accounts to spam on them later.
I'm posting HQ pictures so I engage my followers.
Now, after 2 weeks , i have 1500 followers. I get around +100 followers/day. Also have like avg 200 likes per photo.

Right now I want to grow 10 similar accounts and then start promote something :)

@Kay Huang

Everyone has given you some good info. You are growing your accounts organically and that takes time but your followers are probably real people who'll stick with you if you have interesting posts and engage with them. Don't forget, they don't know if you're real, either. Also, don't forget to pick your targets according to your niche.

Are you comparing your results to some of the other IG and FB marketers here on the forum?

If so, know that some people go full out on their methods, using multiple proxies and bots. They create hundreds of accounts and get hundreds of accounts banned. Their efforts are a short term strategy usually but can (but may not) create bursts of conversions. They are aware of that and have their goal clearly in mind.

For example:

Right now, I'm trying to grow my accounts to spam on them later.

How you proceed depends on what you are trying to achieve with your accounts. Sounds to me like you want the real, long term thing. And, getting back to where we started, it takes time and good/funny/interesting content. :)

I think people on Instagram are mostly here to look at the photos you post

That's what IG is for - viewing and sharing photos. Once in a while, put a pic of your offer in and say something like, "See my profile for more details" - something like that.

Doesnt work unfortunately. Try to get into paid traffic and optimize your campaigns so you can drive big volumes at nice margins.

I mean....you cant do it for 3 days and give up because you didnt see a huge surge in traffic. You have to stick with ut for a while. That's the disadvantage of free traffic, you have to take the time to build it.

Hi Kay,

I think you are trying to take a short cut to success. You can earn money by actually helping people. Take your eyes off the profits, and you will actually make more money.

Who am I to say this? I started the several web communities, about topics I was interested in. My idea was to share knowledge while learning myself. And that genuine interest made the communities successful. It wasn't my intention to make a ton of money. It was my intention to be the best at what I was doing, to learn and share and engage.

I think if you adopt that approach, you will enjoy life more, get more out of it, and inadvertently make more money.

Don't think of the Internet as any less real of a community than the one you live, eat and breathe in.

Hi Kay,

I think you are trying to take a short cut to success. You can earn money by actually helping people. Take your eyes off the profits, and you will actually make more money.

Who am I to say this? I started the several web communities, about topics I was interested in. My idea was to share knowledge while learning myself. And that genuine interest made the communities successful. It wasn't my intention to make a ton of money. It was my intention to be the best at what I was doing, to learn and share and engage.

I think if you adopt that approach, you will enjoy life more, get more out of it, and inadvertently make more money.

Don't think of the Internet as any less real of a community than the one you live, eat and breathe in.

That's very good advice John. Thanks.

What are your web communities? Can I have a look and maybe join? :)

That's very good advice John. Thanks.

What are your web communities? Can I have a look and maybe join? :)

The biggest I had was v7n, which I sold years ago. Way back in the golden days, it had PR8, was a top 1,000 Alexa site, and had great community. It had sort of gone un-attended since I sold it.

MI
Back