The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Spending Money On More And More Information Make You Feel Good?

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Taking action.

You've heard that "taking action" on information that you learn is the key to success in any business, including affiliate marketing.

It's true...but there's a little caveat that many people won't talk about, and especially almost none of the e-book sellers out there (because you would stop buying from them if you knew what you're about to know right now).

Here's the caveat...

You'll only ever need 10 - 20% (or less) of all the knowledge you gain from any one, or all, information products you purchase and learn from.

Why?

Two primary reasons...

1) We just buy way too much information, period...thinking we'll "miss something" if we don't buy it. That's not true, business has and alway will be about people and what they want, you just deliver it to them.

Information overload kills businesses...period.

2) Think about it for a second...if you had 100 units of time, learned something spectacular in say 50 units of that time, put it to use in 40 units of that time, then used the last 10 units to be able to react and do it again (something most people never do, it's called "scaling" your business)...what happens?

You gain momentum for your business. Next time you have the same 100 units of time, you won't have time to invest in gaining more information, because you have a business to run.

But here's where most people screw it up...

Instead of moving forward with massive action and making some mistakes along the way (which you will make anyways, no matter how hard you try to avoid them, guaranteed)...

...many people fall into the trap of "I must need more secrets, so I don't screw up something and lose what I've built". They mistake buying more information as taking more action to improve their business, which makes them feel good.

Ehhhh! Wrong answer, thank you for playing our game.

Instead of searching for more secrets, you need to keep up and build on your momentum, and more information won't do the trick.

In fact, if you seek more information "secrets", it will only divert focus from your momentum, then you'll lose momentum...and have to work twice as hard to recover that momentum.

And...on top of that, most of us really do know what to do already, we just need an ebook, or a person to tell us we're doing it right. Instead, tell yourself you're doing it right...right now. Don't let an ebook, course, or negative influence tell you otherwise...ever.

There's 1000 ways to build a business. Pick one, stick with it, and quit buying course after course, and ebook after ebook hoping to find a shortcut that just doesn't exist.

*Applause*

Great article, the last part is extremely crucial and one that many entrepreneurs forget: choose one area of business and stick with it. Everything, especially business growth, takes time.

I hear you

I have bought so much information in the past that I never even needed. All those e-books aren't going to make you money. They are the ones making money. You got to understand your niche and then research. Just take action and not everything you try will work so try someting else and something will work.

I have bought so much information in the past that I never even needed. All those e-books aren't going to make you money. They are the ones making money. You got to understand your niche and then research. Just take action and not everything you try will work so try someting else and something will work.

I agreed to that, I purchased those books/ebooks about; make money in 60 days, 10 steps to become super affiliate, etc...some, I spent 30-40 bucks online, yet when I spent time to read it, not as many helpful information as I expected it to be. Now, browsing through forums is my primary strategy to learn more about what I wanted to know to assist others.

I agreed to that, I purchased those books/ebooks about; make money in 60 days, 10 steps to become super affiliate, etc...some, I spent 30-40 bucks online, yet when I spent time to read it, not as many helpful information as I expected it to be. Now, browsing through forums is my primary strategy to learn more about what I wanted to know to assist others.

Browse through this forum sure...it's loaded with great info...but...

When you discover something that ignites your business-building passion, implement it right away, don't get in the trap of searching for more and more info.

banners
Back