The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Poll: which email list is more valuable to you?

OscarMike

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted.

I have a question about email marketing.

If you had the choice to choose between 2 options, which would you choose for your list building?

Let's say you're promoting a Clickbank weight loss product.

Option A: Subscribers who want to lose weight and they're from the USA. Cost per lead is $1.50.

Options B: People from all around the world (including T2 and T3 countries) who speak English. They're interested in losing weight. Cost per lead is $0.12.

Which list is more valuable to you? Which list do you think you can profit from more easily? The average annual income is much higher in the USA compared to a country like Congo. It's something to consider when promoting a weight loss product that costs $50-$150.

Thanks

I think you are ignoring:
  • Shipping and import taxes --if the product is for physical delivery
    if it is a digital download that would not matter.
  • Net Discretionary Income Peasants with mobile phones may be interested
    --but T3 are not buyers of products sold at 1st world prices
    --T2 may convert.
  • T3 has problems feeding themselves --why would they need a "Weight Loss" product?
  • Language translations matter also.

I think you are ignoring:
  • Shipping and import taxes --if the product is for physical delivery
    if it is a digital download that would not matter.
  • Net Discretionary Income Peasants with mobile phones may be interested
    --but T3 are not buyers of products sold at 1st world prices
    --T2 may convert.
  • T3 has problems feeding themselves --why would they need a "Weight Loss" product?
  • Language translations matter also.

Thanks for the reply Graybeard. You make great points, especially about shipping. I remember promoting Alpilean to India using Propeller Ads and I got a lot of order form impressions. The problem is that noone was buying and I think it may have had something to do with the $20 VAT plus $20 shipping.

The only reason why I would consider selling to T2 countries is that apparently they buy more online than T1 countries. Have you heard about this too? Someone on a Reddit dropshipping forum told me this. But I can't verify this information.

Last edited:
Per "Business.com":
  • China. China is the biggest and top eCommerce market in the world, with annual online sales of $672 billion. ...
  • United States. ...
  • United Kingdom. ...
  • Japan. ...
  • Germany. ...
  • France. ...
  • South Korea. ...
  • Canada.

I recommend not bothering with Tier 3 at this point. Tier 2 countries are considered "emerging markets" and they can be quite viable with proper offer selections and well researched targeting. Tier 1 countries are flush with cash, highly competitive, and extremely responsive.

First you state you have a question about email marketing, but then you ask a question about list building and you seek a recommendation as to whether to promote one offer over the other for the purposes of listing building but wanting to base the decision on the offer payout. NOT POSSIBLE! You cannot find any success based on these variables lining up one way or the other.

First of all, CB offers provide little to no substantive information on demographic and geo performance. For this reason alone I would recommend finding offers on an affiliate network, or affiliate programs, that provide some level of demo/geo data. For example, if you look through the daily posts from our affiliate networks you will see many of them posting offers information on specific geos and demos, because this is what works. You could have an offer built for Brazil that produces big but fails miserably in other markets. Here's the thing in looking for offers, always look to see if they have the offers specifically designed for a specific geo and/or demo. I've already seen a couple this morning posted by our vendors.

Also, remember to use an intelligence platform for research on offers. You could reasonable have a $.20 offer payout somewhere that out produces a $1.5 offer in the same region.

As for list building, that will not be determined by your offer, but by your niche. Build lists for niches or sub niches. Never create a list based on an offer. If you are in the weight loss niche, then you can, and should, have a segmented list so you can promote offers based on the correct segments.

The only reason why I would consider selling to T2 countries is that apparently they buy more online than T1 countries. Have you heard about this too? Someone on a Reddit dropshipping forum told me this. But I can't verify this information.
This only applies to frequency AND NOT the money value
Weekly-online-shopping6.png

I see the languages problem; if the copy and the full offer funnel is not in the user's native language --there will be a loss by page or cart abandonment.

Well that's the thing, they always need to be tailored to the recipient or target. I use native speaking translators most of the time because they know the local language. Huge differences sometimes between a translation and a local language.

now you have to normalize all the currencies into a comparative currency like the $ or the €

The conversion payout needs to scale to justify the expense. Then again, one or two whale conversions will compensate you well.

However, we had some very large chargebacks with cam buyers that were from T2 countries. Set us back hard to justify the little fish ;)

We are in the number business. It has to add up!

Huge differences sometimes between a translation and a local language.
The conversion payout needs to scale to justify the expense. Then again, one or two whale conversions will compensate you well.

However, we had some very large chargebacks with cam buyers that were from T2 countries. Set us back hard to justify the little fish ;)

banners
Back