The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Domain Age Important For SEO?

Dr. Evil

affiliate
I recently check out some SEO tutorial on udemy and found they don't emphasize or encourage the domain age. But in previous I know domain age had the impact on SEO. So is domain age dead for SEO?

No, it's absolutely not dead. The point that content strategy is currently more important, but if comparing 2 pages of same content quality, the one who's older will be in top.

There are few reasons of that:
  • elder means more links on the site
  • elder means more trustful
  • elder means users like this site
but anyway the structure & content can beat the age easily

It's hidden fact for branding. Think about wallmart or amazon. Now think is this possible to change their domain name? On the other hand it's a type of hidden secret of SEO. If you want start micro niche then it's not fact but in broad niche it will be. DA and PA is still have the digger in search engine.

No, it's absolutely not dead. The point that content strategy is currently more important, but if comparing 2 pages of same content quality, the one who's older will be in top.

There are few reasons of that:
  • elder means more links on the site
  • elder means more trustful
  • elder means users like this site
but anyway the structure & content can beat the age easily

He was asking just about the domain age. Sure, you can draw INDIRECT conclusions that IF a website is older it has more trust ,links and users, but JUST the age of the domain doesn`t have any direct effect on SEO.
One more thing: I have a blog where I post once each 3 months, but it has an age of 3 years and you have a blog where you post once a week, but your blog is only 1 year old.
Which blog do you think will be favored SEO wise?

He was asking just about the domain age. Sure, you can draw INDIRECT conclusions that IF a website is older it has more trust ,links and users, but JUST the age of the domain doesn`t have any direct effect on SEO.
One more thing: I have a blog where I post once each 3 months, but it has an age of 3 years and you have a blog where you post once a week, but your blog is only 1 year old.
Which blog do you think will be favored SEO wise?

Google Ranking Factors: The Complete List
Have a look. The age factor still means something.

I recently check out some SEO tutorial on udemy and found they don't emphasize or encourage the domain age. But in previous I know domain age had the impact on SEO. So is domain age dead for SEO?
I do think that the age of the domain matter a lot. It helps in ranking of the page. I remember I had the first domain registered and it took me a while for me to have the page well ranked on the google first page. With the age of the website especially when active, you will be able to get more content on board and this means that you will have a well optimized website. So to me Dr Evil, the age will always matter and it it the reason people have been keeping tha domains for long and sell them at a very higher costs.

So the assumption would be right now domain age have very little or no impact on SEO but for branding sense implies differently. Trustees grow up by domain age as though business. On the other hand, we just talking on google but for another search engine like bing or Yahoo have you find anything noticeable about domain age?

It does have an impact, but it is not a crucial element.

Thanks @TJ for your nice short video. It tells everything. So we have to emphasize on site quality and content if we want to beat our opponent. Yah domain age fact but not very much for the rank you up.

MI
Back