The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does capital or small letters affect SERP result?

jesicawillss

affiliate
I saw this kind of problem first time. My keyword “software development India” is showing different SERP results. If I search for “software development india” then it appears at 153 in Google for perceptionsystem.com and if I search for “software development India” then it appears at 20. It means, it is showing different results for SERP.
Does capital or small letters affect SERP result? Is there anyone expert to answer this?

no,,, i check all my keywords, they both do the same,,,, and give the same results,, may by you have some other problem..

This is very common question i have seen in SEO forums, and again my answer will be NO, there is no such a thing

technically "S" and "s" are different characters and to any computer/application or search engine they are different letters. In T-SQL Database programming,

This pseudo command
Code:
"Select * from mytable where mykeyword like '%s%'

should give different results to

Code:
"Select * from mytable where mykeyword like '%S%'

You can use SOUNDEX or a similar function to treat "s" and "S" as the same letter.

In recent years Google has made huge strides to cancel out the effects of "india" and "India" but its still struggling with American/UK spelling with words like "optimisation" and "optimization" (the spelling with an S has a larger page count) but it often defaults to the US spelling outside of the US.

It does deal with spellings like Mayorca, Majorca and Mallorca quite well. The reasons for this are varied but there are so many variations per language and then by region per language is that Google uses a lot of automation to resolve this. Therefore if you select a page with Mayorca on it when searching for Mallorca, Google stores this relationship as it does with many other factors.

It doesn't make any difference in my opinion... But i had noticed in some directories where they dont encourage using capitalised words which make me think there might be something behind the screens...

It doesn't make any difference in my opinion... But i had noticed in some directories where they dont encourage using capitalised words which make me think there might be something behind the screens...

Directories are hardly good to go by to assess search engines. They don't like strong caps because it looks LIKE SHOUTING - a page full of CAPS LOCK TEXT just screams at you.

Also, PR carried diminishes as the number of links on a page grows - ergo making directories largely redundant, given that most of them have little PR by the time you go 2-3 pages deep, where most links start...

NO never. Search engine are not case sensitive it give the same result whether you type the keyword in small letter or capital letter. And while performing some task to increase SERP you not have to worry that in which format you are submitting the keyword.

Yes even I faced the same problem while checking the rank for one of the keyword, but it happened only once. It did not showed again. I think even if the cached and history is not clear, it can create such problems. It is possible that the search might show the data value from cached ones.

Google serp is not a case sensitive. If you still had a problem just report it to google. Took screen shot and publish some where else popular forum or publish it Google support.

MI
Back