The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do You Squidoo???

bigcat1967

After Squidoo went to be a NoFollow site - just wondering if anyone has stopped using them? I never have used them because I always backlink from DoFollow sites (well...most of the time). How about you guys...Do you Squidoo?

Squidoo is NOT nofollow. Perhaps you were previewing an unpublished lens or read some rumor. I just double checked and my lenses are still dofollow. Although they are dofollow, they are not as loved by Google as they once were. They still help a website's rankings but the lenses themselves don't rank as well anymore. They simply have had too much spam. Still it is worth trying out for most niches. In one lens you can have 20+ links to your site with your exact preferred anchor text. What's not to like about that?

I do Squidoo. I don't have much there yet, because finding enough hours in the day is proving difficult. But I intend to keep at it.

I definitely squidoo. It is a major part of my backlinking model. As stated above, they don't hold the power they once did but, they are still popular and can supply good backlink juice and traffic if you do it right.

I just submit one lens on squidoo,and i do not know the effect of it,so i stopped use this way to get backlinks,but some people said it could take traffic to you.

Thanks for that post Linda. I was not aware of this update with squidoo. My existing lenses with 9+ links are all doing fine. I'll have to keep this number in mind when I submit new lenses.

MI
Back