Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
I recently put a new site online, I had a look at the logs yesterday and to my surprise mos of the visitors seem to head straight for the privacy policy page.
I really cannot recall reading privacy policy of any sites, I'm I the exception or do most people read privacy policy of websites?

I recently put a new site online, I had a look at the logs yesterday and to my surprise mos of the visitors seem to head straight for the privacy policy page.
I really cannot recall reading privacy policy of any sites, I'm I the exception or do most people read privacy policy of websites?

No, cant say it interests me for a second!!
Just checked my site and i have had 8 pages views since it was made active 2 mths ago.

Sometimes. Depends on the website in question.

Mostly though, I trust the website not to sell details or use them stupidly or unethically etc.

But for some, I read every little word.

Depends of the website. If i need to provide personal information, I'm interested about their privacy policy, if I only have to provide fictive information, then I don't read it.

I read them on sites like flickr or where I'm uploading my own content - I dont want some legal loop hole that gives them the rights to my material.

Not often, but you must always read the Terms and Conditions for any purchases online. Some charge for returns others don't - you can only find this out by reading the T&Cs.

Not often, but you must always read the Terms and Conditions for any purchases online. Some charge for returns others don't - you can only find this out by reading the T&Cs.

Very much agree with you on this Tony. I once bought a scanner from a company in Scotland, had to return it and pay the postage :(

I don't read them because, some forums have same policy to the other forums...

but sometimes I read it when I can't put or my Sig was not yet visible

Privacy Policy or Terms And Condition are the important part for every website which request registration. So, it depends on the nature of site i am visiting or registering accordingly to go through it or not. :)

Sometimes it can cause trouble to anyone for not properly reading the conditions. :D

Amit

Now I read them, Because I got banned on the other forums....

because, I put a Sig even I'm new and have 0 post.....T_T

I never read the privacy policy of any site because unfortunately we have to agree that privacy and policy, there is no other choice...

Though the public's desire for privacy protection within e-commerce is well-documented, the vast majority of online shoppers appear unwilling to take the time to read an e-tailer's privacy policy.

MI
Back