The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do reciprocal links hold any weight with Google?

B

benleys

Hi all!
The debate goes on, I just wanted to know if reciprocal links still hold any weight with Google, I know quality one way links are great however they are not as easy to obtain as reciprocal, can anyone put light on this question?
Many thanks in advance
J

Hardly doubtful that they have any weight to Google as they are considred to be not very reliable in fact. You can exchange these links with your friends or somebody else, but it also can be risky. Google can bann you for this.

We spend lots on a bit of software called Addweb and it allowed us to build links with other sites, who use to put links on for us in return.
Well no it was a complete waste of time and money, Google certainly did not like links made that way, lots of websites that put (or should) have put links on for us did not put link in the right page, that gets your own page a wrose link status with all search engines.
It is best to pop on a few reliable links on your own pages like say eg BBC/Sky/Software downloads, that way your page gets noticed by search engines better, and you do not need to rely on sites that are on one day, gone the next.
David

Reciprocal linking as the only SEO method if it is not yet dead I believe it soon will be. There are a lot of sites abusing link exchange in order to get a higher than everybody else ranting. This must be causing alot of problems and it is certainly not what any of the search engines want to list first in their listings.

However, exchanging links is how new websites get discovered, these new websites are what the crawlers are looking for, to completely ignore link exchanges would exclude placing those new sites in the index! So I don't believe it will ever be bad to exchange links and yes it does holds value.

Hi all!
The debate goes on, I just wanted to know if reciprocal links still hold any weight with Google, I know quality one way links are great however they are not as easy to obtain as reciprocal, can anyone put light on this question?
Many thanks in advance
J

Hi,
It can have weight only when if it is quality link, I have believe in one way links. You should focus to get quality one way links.

Personally I focus on one-way links. I have a few blogs where I've exchanged blogroll links but, other than that, I like to focus on one-way. They must surely hold much more value.

Certainly, man if you will have the reciprocal links, it will also effect the Google's database. Because reciprocal links are also considered as the inbound links for your websites. If these links are do follow they are having the more worth then.

I rank very well with reciprocals. Obviously one-ways are better, but 100 reciprocals are easier to get than 10 one-ways and I think that would improve ranking more too.

MI
Back