The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do Aff Networks Deserve their 30% commission?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
"Do networks deserve their override?" kbudden over at the UK Affiliate Marketing Forum asks, and a great 2 page thread of mixed answers from both affiliates and merchants evolves. <a target="_new" href="http://www.a4uforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40724">Do networks deserve their override? - UK Affiliate Marketing Forum</a>

<blockquote>"As most here are aware, there is a de-facto standard of 30% override on affiliate commissions charged to merchants by the affiliate networks.

With affiliate revenues now running into many millions of pounds, are the networks doing enough to earn 30% of what is now a very large sum of money?

All networks do the ad hosting / tracking / commission accounting bit - I am not disputing that has real value but what else should they be doing - from both sides of the fence, merchant and affiliate - I know it is the merchants who pay it, but in effect it is we, the affiliates, who earn the network their 30%, so do get enough in return?"</blockquote>

THIS IS from the 5 Star blog - brought here for discussion.

Most of the big networks like CJ charge 30%, Shareasale is 20% and www.mport.com right now is free. I think they definately deserve it and it's worth it from the merchant side.

What do you guys think from the affiliate side? What more would you like to get from networks??? Networks like MPORT want to know and are willing build your suggestions into version 2.

What do you want? What do you think? :confused:

I reALLLLLLY think they don't deserve THAT much. I think some is OK, but not 30%. It's because of those high commissions that these networks are keeping such tight lids on the information about the affiliate.

It's that tight lid that is starting to hold this industry back!

If I'm a merchant and I have people selling my stuff - period -I want to and demand to know who they are.

My 2 cents at least...

Anik

banners
Back